Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On one hand I'm very happy that we are able to ride year round here in Arizona. But on the other hand I'd love to work on some fabrication ideas (fender delete kit MUCH cheaper than Tank Machine anyone?) I just can't have my bike down for the amount of time it would take to work on the fabrication.

First world problems.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
i would suggest it just takes some serious planning.
plan what mods u want to make
plan how much needs to be removed from the bike to do that mod
plan how much u can take off and still have the bike be usable( maybe using a back pack instead of saddlebags?)(maybe a tailite hanging on said backpack that can be plugged into the main harness when u get on, and unplugged when u get off the bike.)
some creative planning can minimize the down time while u fabricate. maybe to the point the time the bike needs to be off the road is workable?

good luck.

·
Premium Member
2020 Scout Bobber
165 Posts
If you get the fender delete from Mother Road Customs and relocate the stock taillights to the shocks, it takes no time at all.
Mother Road Customs
If wanting custom taillights then you have to find ones that use negative lead switching or make up a relays system to get them to work with the engine computer.
It took me less than an hour to pull the fender. The hardest part was finding a place to store the fender.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If you get the fender delete from Mother Road Customs and relocate the stock taillights to the shocks, it takes no time at all.
Mother Road Customs
If wanting custom taillights then you have to find ones that use negative lead switching or make up a relays system to get them to work with the engine computer.
It took me less than an hour to pull the fender. The hardest part was finding a place to store the fender.
I never knew this option existed. Thanks! I'm hoping it will work with my 1920 Indian floating seat.

Do you have a photo of the lights relocated to your shocks?

P.S. Congrats on your new FTR!

·
Premium Member
2020 Scout Bobber
165 Posts
never knew this option existed. Thanks! I'm hoping it will work with my 1920 Indian floating seat.

Do you have a photo of the lights relocated to your shocks?
I used the stock lights to simplify the wiring nightmare that the cam bus poses, and I just didn't have the time to be without the bike.
Mother Roads plate may be primitive but it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts