Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy some riding pants for when the spring comes around. Last year I wore jeans, but I'd like something that offers more protection especially since I'm a new rider. Ideally I'd want something that won't be too hot as I primarily ride in the summer. What do you wear? Any suggestions? By the way, I'm 6' and 170lbs (athletic build). I own a 2015 Scout.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've visited revzilla and a few other online stores. I was wondering more if anyone had any specific recommendations. I'll check it out though.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
So we were facing the same issue for a long time, finally worked to develop our own with Vanson Leathers. Similar protection, abrasion-wise to a good pair of jeans, lighter, some padding, much better looking (imo), made in the US by Vanson for us. I wear them as-is, my husband sized up and wears draggin jeans Kevlar underpants. More colors and picture in our shop at www.bigdspeedshop.com. Matching jackets available if you want to look like a Power Ranger...

image.jpeg

·
Registered
552 Posts
I bought a pair of the Johnny Rocket 3.0 motorcycle jeans. They're comfortable, provide decent protection and I think they look good too. I really like the elastic expansion panels which make it more comfortable while sitting. They run about $90 retail but I found a pair on Ebay that had only been worn once for $50. JoeRocket.com

·
Registered
552 Posts
I bought a pair of the Johnny Rocket 3.0 motorcycle jeans. They're comfortable, provide decent protection and I think they look good too. I really like the elastic expansion panels which make it more comfortable while sitting. They run about $90 retail but I found a pair on Ebay that had only been worn once for $50. JoeRocket.com
ETA: Sorry, that's "Joe Rocket", not "Johnny Rocket". :mad:

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,247 Posts
I'm looking to buy some riding pants for when the spring comes around. Last year I wore jeans, but I'd like something that offers more protection especially since I'm a new rider. Ideally I'd want something that won't be too hot as I primarily ride in the summer. What do you wear? Any suggestions? By the way, I'm 6' and 170lbs (athletic build). I own a 2015 Scout.
I've got a couple of pairs of => Draggin Jeans - Motorcycle Jeans

They are very comfortable and tough!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have Diagnose jeans and like them. the drayko jeans are good too. have both. both are fine. not to heavy in georgia summers

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
All depends what you are looking for in your riding clothes. I either wear Duluth Trading Company Ballroom jeans which are very comfortable Ballroom Jeans or their Fire hose work trousers Fire Hose Workwear . All the previous suggestions are good as well. You need to go try things on and try them out. Since you are riding a Scout, I don't see you doing any cross country riding but if you do....then you need to take your underwear into account as well. Seams are hell and feel like you are sitting on a lit cigarette.

Semper Fi,
Z

·
Registered
130 Posts
Last year I purchased a pair of River Road leather over pants from Dennis Kirk. They go on like chaps, but obviously protect a little more. They did an outstanding job of keeping me warm on very cool mornings, and surprisingly did NOT get super hot on warmer days. I would highly recommend.

Two added benefits - 1 the extra cowhide under my 260lb ass made the stock seat a lot more comfortable and 2 the leather helped keep some of the heat from the exhaust from getting to my skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
image.jpeg

I guess it depends on how far you want to take it, intapol.com can even get you setup and looking like California Highway i Patrol (CHiPs)

·
Founding Member
416 Posts
I also wear draggin jeans jeans in warm weather. I also wear Kevlar long sleeve shirt in warmer weather.

If I wear just regular jeans I wear leather chaps with Kevlar long sleeve shirt with leather vest.

Cooler weather I wear a Revit Riding suit. Warm and dry.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts