Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
photo 1.JPG photo 4.JPG Just added a riders back rest, I didn't like the flap being left up shown the underwear (Velcro) so i when through it, it is clean flap down and fits like a glove.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks really nice, Nevadabob!!!! Did you just cut through the flap? Will your cut hold up? Your blue looks good--I want one in every color! Danny Mac.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree, that does look a lot cleaner. Nice job. Would you take another pic of the flap with the backrest out. This may be above my skill grade, I would hate to butcher the seat, they're hard to get and spendy. Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
photo 1.JPG photo 2.jpg Her is a shot with the back rest pulled out, I used a leather punch on the two ends after I marked them with the shaft fro the rest, then cut between them.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This past week was Feb. 7th was the release date for backrest all deal should have them now! at least according to my dealer this includes the tall rest. photo 4.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:rolleyes: Ride maybe!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think it looks great, very clean. You must have a steady hand. I am still waiting for my passenger backrest from the A-Team. I bought it in Oct. 2013 and still waiting for the call. I am also frustrated that some other accessories on the Indian website say "coming soon," such as leather grip wraps and such. I don't get it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Would anyone happen to have the actual installation instructions for the drive backrest mount? I picked up a bit of a bargain with mine but it did not come with instructions. Can anyone help?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
Well done.... I'm gonna copy

·
Registered
435 Posts
Prep work
1. Lift seat valance to access retention screws. Remove screw on each side of seat base.
2.Slide seat to the rear to remove.
3.Unplug heated seat wiring harness If equipped.
4.Set hardware and seat aside for reinstallation.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Install:
1.Remove existing screw from battery mount.
2.Install one new screw on bracket before routing wiring harness .
3.Route wiring harnessand loosely start screw into threaded hole on the vehicle.
4.Install existing screw from step 1 back into the hole it came from and other screw into remaining bracket mount hole.
5. Start with the screw under the wiring harness torque all screws to 90+/-9in.lb (10.2+/-1.0Nm)
6.Install seat and torque seat screws to 18+/-2ft.lb (24.4+/-2.7Nm)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Warning : wiring harness must be routed properly or severe damage to your vehicle will occour.
Warning: Ensure frame tabs are engaged in seat base pockets when installing seat.
Warning : Re-torque all fasteners after 500 miles.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Route wiring harness through bracket opening.Looking from behind the mount that will be on the right hand side. Also looking from the back of the mount the front hole for screw on the right hand side will be for the existing battery mount screw, and the back hole will be for the screw installed on step 2 of the previous instructions.
Your kit supposed to come with 3 screw M6 X 25mm long. The fourth screw will be the existing battery mount screw. You will need a 10mm socket torque wrench.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Great job on flap. Being an old leather worker I know you are on the mark by using a hole punch on both sides, it keeps the leather from tearing out. This is very important step.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey new question to an older thread here:

When you pop the seat off and are preparing to screw down the four bolts that anchor the backseat mount to the Vintage....what sort of wrench measurement are you to use? I've tried several and no metric or other measurement works...is this one of those "special" tools Indian speaks of for their bikes? If so, where can i buy them?

[watching] frustrated.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts