Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Grasshopper Ltd...Rider Backrest
$ 87. 50 Shipped within Continental U.S.
I mounted on my Chieftain, but saw it can't be used when running Solo Seat only, and Solo Seat and grab rail are how I'm now set up
This is flawless and brand new, includes mounting bracket

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the bracket attaches to the 2 tabs and 4 bolts that are already mounted on bottom of passenger seat, quick and easy install, but like I said im not running passenger seat

·
Registered
355 Posts
But those four bolts still go into the motorcycle frame beneath the driver seat and you can then use this rest with the solo saddle...unless I am missing something here?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Negative.....Take ur seat off, turn it upside down....look at how passenger seat is mounted to driver seat, that's where bracket for backrest goes, it mounts to bottom, of passenger seat not to frame of bike.....or to drivers seat, this is NOT the factory backrest, it mounts to bottom of PASSENGER seat, on the factory threaded brackets that are permanently attached to PASSENGER seat, the 4 holes on drivers seat aren't threaded.

·
Registered
355 Posts
O.K. so I am now wondering if the solo luggage rack could be used to mount this back rest? Reason I ask, is my driver seat is out for rebuild at Russell Daylong and I have a Grasshopper waiting to install (I had hoped without the passenger seat as apparently you wanted to also).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
O.K. so I am now wondering if the solo luggage rack could be used to mount this back rest? Reason I ask, is my driver seat is out for rebuild at Russell Daylong and I have a Grasshopper waiting to install (I had hoped without the passenger seat as apparently you wanted to also).
Im sure you could mod it, Im just trying to be as descriptive as possible for potential buyer

·
Registered
355 Posts
Grasshopper is manufacturer, google them. No it is not adjustable for forward and backward movement, but some folks (myself included) will bend the steel bar to a permanent position that makes me happy. For the price it can't be beat (yet).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts