Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh no. Not that backrest thing again. Ok, maybe should not have created a new thread for this but 6 months waiting with no word from dealer or Indian will do that. Disappointment has turned to bitterness ruining, so far, the most exciting purchase of my life. Korea and ISIS can hack into our national security easier than I can contact Polaris. I am done and will not bother you fine folks till I get my paid for part. I do have hope however because I did see on another forum here a picture of Hell frozen over. Lesson learned is that I will never, ever, accept delivery of a bike unless every accessory I want is on it before money passes hands. Never, ever, ever, ever. Where are you Polaris? Where are you Indian? Where are you Sloan's Cycle?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Your not alone, paste something nasty on their FB page, I did, they will contact you, when it hurts them, otherwise, they care less.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just cancel the order (if you can) and look for one on the internet.
Yep. Been looking on NET and ng so far. Next time I am up that way I will ask for my $379. I will find one some where some day. I waited over a month for floorboard fringe and found it on EBAY and had in three days. Thanks and I hate stuff like this for all Indian riders. Sorry I even got back on here. Rick out for a spell.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Oh no. Not that backrest thing again. Ok, maybe should not have created a new thread for this but 6 months waiting with no word from dealer or Indian will do that. Disappointment has turned to bitterness ruining, so far, the most exciting purchase of my life. Korea and ISIS can hack into our national security easier than I can contact Polaris. I am done and will not bother you fine folks till I get my paid for part. I do have hope however because I did see on another forum here a picture of Hell frozen over. Lesson learned is that I will never, ever, accept delivery of a bike unless every accessory I want is on it before money passes hands. Never, ever, ever, ever. Where are you Polaris? Where are you Indian? Where are you Sloan's Cycle?
I ordered some stuff for my Chieftain and the dealer was ok with paying when it arrived. Got mt quick disconnect backrest in about a month.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Your not alone, paste something nasty on their FB page, I did, they will contact you, when it hurts them, otherwise, they care less.
They called me today over it, and said 3-4 more weeks, not impressed, another month on the 6, I been waiting. Fail !

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bought my Roadmaster from Indian of Shreveport late November. Backrest came today. I'm a happy camper. Still waiting on the grip covers and floorboard wraps, but I'm not in that big of a hurry for them.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
I picked up my backrest today. Very nice and the leather is a perfect match. I hated the wait but at least it wasn't during prime riding season!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got a call yesterday that mine was in and picked it up today! Looks good, can't wait to test it out on the road (except we still have snow & cold now).

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Riding my Chieftain without a backrest for now and decided to not order one just yet and see how I like the bike without one. I am only 5'9" with a 30 inch inseam, so not sure how it well it would work for me.

I did order the rear speakers and now I am told that the replacement bag lids ONLY come in a solid color like black, red, or blue and NOT in two tone as my bike is Blue and Ivory and that the Dealer does not know when Indian will be having the lids for the rear bag speakers in two tone to match the lids without speakers. Sad, very sad to say the least. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts