Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
wait till you get a real intake like the S&S filter and a good pv3 tune and realize you didnt know real power yet lol

·
Bronze member
2,800 Posts
I wonder how many new(ish) members with Scouts have no idea what happens after 6000 rpm (when at WOT)...

P.S. You ain't got no idea what you own until you nail WOT from 3750 rpm, and keep it WOT until it hits the rev limiter.. Do this in 2nd for a quick lesson, 3rd for a "scary fast" lesson.. Either gear, you'll need a long straight with no cars in sight - cause you become a bullet !

Reactions: Hatt

·
Registered
414 Posts
I wonder how many new(ish) members with Scouts have no idea what happens after 6000 rpm (when at WOT)...

P.S. You ain't got no idea what you own until you nail WOT from 3750 rpm, and keep it WOT until it hits the rev limiter.. Do this in 2nd for a quick lesson, 3rd for a "scary fast" lesson.. Either gear, you'll need a long straight with no cars in sight - cause you become a bullet !
no kidding ive hit roughly a 150 in mexico a few weeks ago

·
Rider
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

95 in 3rd,, 105 in 4th ,,120 in 5th, never got to 6th, yeah it’s bullet fast, S&S air is the only way to go, PV3 tune,, Awesome.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,582 Posts
I used to get my kicks doing rapid acceleration/drag racing and finding out the top end speed of every vehicle I had but those days are behind me. I had my last bike up to 100 mph a couple of times in the 5 riding seasons I had it and I've gotten my current ride up to 90 mph once. It's not the same old thrill anymore for me but more power to you and be safe.

·
Bronze member
2016 Indian Scout
1,859 Posts
Although I rarely ride over the speed limits, I would probably be ticketed for 'excessive acceleration'. I like the second/third gear throttle speed. Yesterday, however, on a slightly breezy day, on a long straight stretch, I was just cruising and happened to glance at the spedo and I was at 90mph with a tail wind. Surprised me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts