Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I got the FTR, dealer told me that even though there is no navigation on the bike, I could still use the Ride Command app and plan all my routes and just use the app. Well after spending a good majority the other day planning multiple different rides, I go to ride today and it turns out the app actually doesnt have navigation....

So back to Google it was and I kept having to add a waypoint every few miles or end up deviating from where that wanted me to go because it tries to "optimise" the route. Frustrating because I know the roads I want to be on, but I just cant remember 100+ miles of directions.

Seemed like the Ride Command app was nice if it could actually work on the app. Google's probably not the best option but I'm not too familiar with other route planning apps.

What does everyone else use for ride planning?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am currently trying calimoto and kurviger. I like the navigation of kurviger a little better, but calimoto has better planning tools. Calimoto might also be better at skipping waypoints automatically (not sure yet)... I would love for Google maps to handle known navigation better.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I use This more so for route planning, can’t download it to use in my Garmin GPS though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I know user Emantec was working on a hack to add navigation to the main screen and had a working map but then covid hit and he put a hold on it. Hasn’t posted in about a month but I was eagerly awaiting an update to that project. Thread here;

1 - 8 of 8 Posts