Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Cool pic for sure!
Id say they were all firefighters, coppers or paramedics. Who else would risk their lives as everyone else runs away from dangerous events! Ride safe!

·
Bronze member
1,959 Posts
Cool pic for sure!
Id say they were all firefighters, coppers or paramedics. Who else would risk their lives as everyone else runs away from dangerous events! Ride safe!
Looks photoshopped to me. Where's Mad Max?

Reactions: Chief-Michel

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I can think of a few reasons why you'd want to ride into that. VERY few.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
All riders who have been on long trips have been confronted with this. Once I beat it by five miles pulled into first hotel, covered the bike , spent the night. Other times just pulled under an overpass. Have rode through it by hugging a semi-trailers back door. Don't recommend it

·
Founding member
477 Posts
Cool pic for sure!
B.A.C.A.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Cool pic for sure!
Maybe just a bunch of Harley riders? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,049 Posts
Cool photo. I'll offer a story:
One evening, some years ago, I was sitting at the bar in the Toltec Saloon in Alpine, Texas. The announcer at the local radio station came on the air and said that high winds were pushing a wild fire toward neighboring Marathon and asked for volunteers to fight the fire. I left the bar, mounted up on my BMW sidecar outfit and headed east for Marathon on Hwy. 90. As I entered Altuda Pass through the Glass Mountains the peaks and slopes on both sides of the highway were aflame in the darkness; it was like entering the gates of hell. As I rode into the pass I saw through swirling clouds of smoke in the flickering orange light that the road was thronged with elk, deer, coyotes, javalina pigs, turkeys, and rabbits fleeing the conflagration. I eased my way through the frightened animals and rode on into Marathon where I parked the outfit and was assigned to a fire crew on a converted WWII weapons carrier with a water cannon from the Fort Stockton fire department. We worked into the night beating out flames in the desert with wet gunny sacks. It was a losing battle in the high wind as flaming tumbleweeds kept leap-frogging us and several time we were almost cut off by the fire. Fortunately, about 3 a.m. the wind died and the fire was stopped just short of the town.
--- Randall

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Is there any context to that picture?

When I was a kid we used to ride our dirt bikes in New Jersey's Meadowlands. Basically a gigantic stretch of marsh covered in high marsh grass criss crossed with dirt trails and open areas in between where we would ride. Very often they would catch fire and it was not a good place to be when it did. To make a long story short, we ended up trapped right in the middle of it and actually rode down our bikes into the water to get away from the burning grass till the fire burned down. Actually had to ride through some parts that were still burning and smoldering on the way out. Scary as hell but at the same time cool for a bunch of wild ass teenagers. :)

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts