Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Since getting my Roadmaster a bit over a year ago, I've been wanting to take a Ride Like A Pro class. I was planning on going to Atlanta (live in Savannah) when it hit me there might be somewhere closer in FL. Sure enough, there's a location in Jacksonville. Has anyone taken the course? I haven't seen too many Indian's in their photos.

If anyone is interested, it seems it's usually the first Sunday of the month and the price is $150.

·
German Rider
921 Posts
Since I live in germany and getting a motorcycle license is totally different and way more expensive here, I never took such a course.

But met Jerry Palladio in person at Destination Daytona during the 74th Bike Week. He is a good guy who knows what he is doing.

Would attend a course just for fun when I would live in FL.

Cu,
Sven

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Demolition Man This course isn't for getting a license. Every state is different so I'm not sure what's involved here in the US. I actually got my motorcycle license when I was in the Marine Corps in Japan by taking a Motorcycle Safety Foundation class. When I got back here to the US, that was apparently good enough and they added motorcycle to my license.

I had quite a few friends who rode and didn't have a license at all, they just had learners permits that you can get by applying. No test or anything but they were valid for only 6 months. After they expire, just reapply for a new one. I'm sure there's restrictions on the hours you can ride and probably no passengers but they never followed that. The fact that around 50% of motorcycle fatalities here in the US do not have a license would suggest that most states do it this way and there's a lot of people out there who don't bother taking any classes.

The Ride Like A Pro class is strictly voluntary and for you own benefit.

·
German Rider
921 Posts
@Magoo6541 :

You are right. Maybe I explained it not as correct as I would. I mean, that the difference between the USA and Germany to get a motorcycle license is a big difference. Due to the reason that it is way easier and cheaper to get one in the USA it would be a great thing to get better driving style, etc. if someone attends such a course.

In germany, 95% of that things, you will learn and told during your driving lessons while getting you license. For example, the average cost for a motorcycle license here is about 2000 $, depending on how much practice lessons you need, how often you fail the theoretical test and the practical driving test.

So,......

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the info! I live in Jax and have wanted to take one of his courses, but didn't want to go all the way to Port Ritchie to do it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have taken the class a couple of times, as I used to live near Jerry Palladino and his wife, Donna. It is very beneficial to take every time you move up to a new bike. I highly recommend doing it.

Kathy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts