Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Enchanted Highway in North Dakota which has no number designation is home to some incredible sculptures. The wife and I took a ride down it today and stopped at each one.

DSCN0123.JPG
DSCN0123.JPG
DSCN0129.JPG
DSCN0131.JPG
DSCN0133.JPG
DSCN0137.JPG
DSCN0151.JPG
DSCN0138.JPG
DSCN0140.JPG
DSCN0158.JPG
DSCN0167.JPG
DSCN0169.JPG
DSCN0174.JPG
DSCN0183.JPG
DSCN0187.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: harry and Roadie

·
Registered
923 Posts
That is awesome - great idea putting the bike in the pictures for perspective

Reactions: Fridge07 and Roadie

·
Registered
199 Posts
Great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Fridge07

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
image.jpeg

We came back home along I-94, this is just one of a few the miss took.
The Interstate was very flat some hills and curves, very nice indeed.
I like the fact that, with road work being done, people will drive on the shoulder so that the workers have a whole lane open, even though the work cones are next to them. A lot of road respect going on in that State.

·
Registered
419 Posts
That looks like a very fun trip. What is the highway like? Straight, curvy, little of both?
It's North Dakota, which if you have never been there especially during the peak of the oil boom...ND is exactly like paradise, only different. There are not a lot of curves in the roads, up until about one year ago it wasn't very safe on the motorcycles due to high volumes of truck traffic and debris on the roadways

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
It's North Dakota, which if you have never been there especially during the peak of the oil boom...ND is exactly like paradise, only different. There are not a lot of curves in the roads, up until about one year ago it wasn't very safe on the motorcycles due to high volumes of truck traffic and debris on the roadways
I have been in South Dakota for Sturgis bike week but not in North Dakota.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Western ND has some very beautiful scenery and some nice roads. Not nearly as adventurous as the Black Hills but we do have some great places to visit. Medora which has live shows during the summer and Theodore Roosevelt State Park, the Badlands, Lake Sakakawea (great fishing) and a lot of Rodeos. Attractions | Official North Dakota Travel & Tourism Guide I'll guarantee every state out there has sites people should go see and everybody is proud of where they come from.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Definitely take a trip to Medora! What a beautiful small town surrounded by the badlands. When I was staying in Dickinson I would often go to Medora on my slow days to do office work in the village park.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Thank you to all who have shared. The list of stops has now grown for my next trip out that way, which will hopefully be next summer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts