Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I'm struggling and need some help with my new 2020 Roadmaster ridecommand , several issues.
1. Does it show ave and instant MPG? it was on my 17 , I monitored it daily but I can't find it on the new one.
2. My weather feature has drowned me in 2 torrential down pours and it never showed a thing.
3. my auto back light function (day and night mode) for Ride Command. Isn't working right. I rode home 30 miles and it stayed black the whole time (night mode).
My 17 also showed my speed at bottom center on nav screen. Did they do away with that too?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I am having problems with my Ride Command as well. I have an Iphone 11 Pro Max and it won't upload the contacts to the bike.

I have also been having problems with the day / night auto setting. It will not automatically change

1 other problem is that I had the black guages put in which reset the odometer. Now the odometer flashes back and forth between the original mileage and the mileage when the guages were changed. Kind of aggravating.

I will be contacting Indian Customer Service pretty soon on this issue. These bikes cost so much the electronics better work right! lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am having problems with my Ride Command as well. I have an Iphone 11 Pro Max and it won't upload the contacts to the bike.

I have also been having problems with the day / night auto setting. It will not automatically change

1 other problem is that I had the black guages put in which reset the odometer. Now the odometer flashes back and forth between the original mileage and the mileage when the guages were changed. Kind of aggravating.

I will be contacting Indian Customer Service pretty soon on this issue. These bikes cost so much the electronics better work right! lol
My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
508 Posts
MPG was conveniently left out of RC2. Called and they told me it would be back in on the next release this was back in January of this year. Still waiting on that release. As far as the weather goes you need to make sure that weather overlay is set to come on when the bike is started. Mine isn't and I keep forgetting to make that setting default (hopefully I can). Went out to the bike and I can't find where to make weather to come on as a default. To make weather useful you need to back our the size until at least 5 miles or more. The daylight/night mode is weird with mine as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MPG was conveniently left out of RC2. Called and they told me it would be back in on the next release this was back in January of this year. Still waiting on that release. As far as the weather goes you need to make sure that weather overlay is set to come on when the bike is started. Mine isn't and I keep forgetting to make that setting default (hopefully I can). Went out to the bike and I can't find where to make weather to come on as a default. To make weather useful you need to back our the size until at least 5 miles or more. The daylight/night mode is weird with mine as well.
Thank you , very helpful.

·
Bronze member
2,851 Posts

Your contact will not load because of the way you have your iPhone setup.

1. Go to Bluetooth on the iPhone
2. Find your Challenger on the list of devices and click on the Blue info Icon on the right
3. Turn on sync contacts”

·
Registered
352 Posts
Your contact will not load because of the way you have your iPhone setup.

1. Go to Bluetooth on the iPhone
2. Find your Challenger on the list of devices and click on the Blue info Icon on the right
3. Turn on sync contacts”
Yes sir this has been done on my phone, and verified by salesperson

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also have a 2020 Roadmaster, and I discovered the day/night sensor just dangling around and hitting against things inside the fairing. I couldn't find anywhere that it was supposed to be mounted so I wiretied it to another wire so it wouldn't bang around inside there... I also am not able to get the Weather Overlay to work at any view distance... Traffic overlay seems to be working... Dealerships in this area have no idea, have to call Indian/Polaris... There doesn't seem to be any way to set the weather overlay ON as default...

·
Registered
508 Posts
New update for Ride Command 2 is up for 2020 models. Not sure about the other ones. Need some volunteers to test it before I load it....LOL.

Well I couldn't wait... Installed it and everything appears to be working. MPG is back and it boots about 6 or 7 seconds quicker.

Trip 1 gets reset to the ODO at least on my bike. The radio doesn't start actuating when the bike starts up like it did before which is good to me. Unfortunately the weather overlay still has to be selected again as well as the zoom function on the map display but that could change with the updated maps. And the map download function is not cooperating at the moment. Will try again tomorrow.

Ixnay on the map update. Still the same date as it was. They could be changing it out though (hopefully) as I'm getting emails saying it isn't working.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts