Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Ride Command sucks

11K views 75 replies 33 participants last post by  Gearset807 
#1 ·
i love the music on the Challenger but man the ride command is horrible. The other day went under a overpass and I road for about 70 miles in night mode. Yesterday while connect by USB started having issues like the music was cutting out. When the bike starts it has the Rider Screen Loading for 5-10 minutes. It never syncs with the phone app. I have yet to attempt to really use the map to get anywhere it’s just way easier on the phone. Not sure why it even has a contacts screen or messages tab it has yet to ever show anything there. I hope they do something soon to make this a little more effective.

#5 ·
The older ride command system are faster than the new one on the Challenger.

#10 ·
I have had the 2020 Challenger for a couple of months and my Ride Command is a bit flaky. It will lock up on navigation randomly and it also changes screens without being told to. I have had the screen go completely black and completely white at times. When the nav locks up the only way to clear it is to turn the bike off and back on. The nav also randomly pops up side roads and keeps popping up the side roads over and over again. Any one else having these issues?

#11 ·
The 2020 version has some issues, make sure you have the latest update. I've had no issues with music on the latest update which I believe was January 2020. It appears Covid really delayed fixes to the current issues and hoping they will have those fixes soon. I have my phone mounted and just use google maps when needed. I've never thought too much of the ride command navigation because it provides no real time feedback and the maps are obsolete as soon as released. Hoping Car play is included with the next update, that would be great.

#12 ·
Totally agree that the Ride Command on the Challenger is full of bugs, Night mode is terrible, sync with phone (aside from bluetooth music) happens some times and the system cannot view routes that I have created and uploaded. I wrote to Polaris and they said that they are aware of these issus and an update will be coming later this summer. That was that. no apology for having rolled out a flawed system. This aside the Challenger is a fantastic bike so well done Polaris on the overall package.

#22 ·
I have issues with mine too. Loads slow, plugging the iPhone in works when it wants to, night mode to day mode etc is flakey, and in the operational screens you can move the widgets to customize your screen, this only works for that ingnition cycle and then they revert back. It’s honestly my least favorite thing about my challenger.

#26 ·
Unless you have the GPS modem, the widgets won't save. It is supposed to be fixed in the next update. They are aware of the issue, but it doesn't hurt to reach out to them, the whole "Squeaky wheel" thing

#23 ·
Interesting. Is it because some are different software versions, or some were upgraded (didn’t have nav and cellular)and features were added later? Are issues only found mainly on the Challenger models or are all 2020 models having issues?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#28 ·
Interesting! I have the exact same message ”error calculating routes” although the routes have been imported. So maybe will try loading the route and then switching the Bluetooth back on. Does anybody have any info on when the much talked about update is arriving. I had a vague response from Polaris a month ago that it was coming sometime this summer.

#34 ·
I've been fortunate. No issues with GPS and nothing consistent with weird screens. Yes I have had an occasional glitch, and yes there is no excuse why it doesnt work with the same almost 100% consistancy as my Chevy truck, but I do find all the toggle screens entertaining. I have figured out what sets off some of the bizarre behaviour and now know the weird protocols that have to be followed to minimize them. It shouldn't have to go that way..they need to hire an engineer from an auto manufacturer to either fix the programming or use a more stable platform. The smoke effect is cool but is just not necessary along with the overly complicated sensor system that creates the glitches. Someone at Indian has been choosing features over function for several years.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.