Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,290 Posts
They just released an update a few days ago and there's another "big one" coming in July.

Reactions: IndianAZ

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine took several reboots to complete.

Reactions: Hoseman

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,290 Posts
You can still use the turn signal switch to enter your pin numbers
Have you ever tested it? I tried it on mine and couldn't get it to work.

Reactions: Cempty

·
5 years +
177 Posts
Yes I have and it did work. I just tried it again and it worked. You probably already know this but the first number is to the left and if you have a zero you push in as if to cancel

·
Registered
134 Posts
You also lost:
Tire Pressure Monitor
Oil Change Maintenance
Diagnostic
Fuel Mileage
and maybe Maps, Weather, Outdoor Air Temp

Ride Command su**ks, but it does work about 30% of the time. I just hope Indian will fix it and not just drop it for a new version.
All features I could live without. Some of those i didnt have. I had the base model. No dealer support and no RC fix in sight, i just decided to sell and cut my losses

·
Bronze member
4,155 Posts
No. Bikes with RC will not work using the turn sig buttons

That depends on the VCM software. In 2019 the VCM software was updated for the 2019 and later models to add the keypad PIN entry. But from 2017-2018 they used the turn signal method. If those bikes got the gear position switch replaced and VCM re-flashed, then they updated the VCM and ride command to accept the keypad entry.

·
5 years +
177 Posts
No. Bikes with RC will not work using the turn sig buttons
As I posted earlier inputing the pin #s using the turn sig switch works I tried it again last night no problem. According to the RC page for software updates there are two version of software one for 2019 and earlier and one for 2020 going forward. I had heard some time ago that there were two venders of RC software with the newer vendor being 2020+ which could also explain why the software is buggy. Poor support from this vendor. Just sayn'

·
Registered
143 Posts
I’ve had the gear position sensor recall, but haven’t run across the pin access.
Is there a trick to get to it? ‘18 Chieftain

61 - 75 of 75 Posts