Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love the music on the Challenger but man the ride command is horrible. The other day went under a overpass and I road for about 70 miles in night mode. Yesterday while connect by USB started having issues like the music was cutting out. When the bike starts it has the Rider Screen Loading for 5-10 minutes. It never syncs with the phone app. I have yet to attempt to really use the map to get anywhere it’s just way easier on the phone. Not sure why it even has a contacts screen or messages tab it has yet to ever show anything there. I hope they do something soon to make this a little more effective.

·
Rider
939 Posts
The ride command on my 2018 chieftain is awesome. Hooks right up to my phone as soon as I start up the bike. Map works great. I really like the scenic mode. I thought the new one was supposed to be better. Maybe not. I hope they continue to support us old version folks.

·
Bronze member
4,119 Posts
The ride command on my 2018 chieftain is awesome. Hooks right up to my phone as soon as I start up the bike. Map works great. I really like the scenic mode. I thought the new one was supposed to be better. Maybe not. I hope they continue to support us old version folks.

I have heard many people are having a lot of issues with the 2020 ride command.

·
Silver member
3,417 Posts
The older ride command system are faster than the new one on the Challenger.

·
Rider
939 Posts
Word on the street is that Indian will be adding Apple Car Play and Android support this spring and the delay in making the current version of ride command better is because they are waiting for that.
Yeah I had heard about the android auto/apple car play thing. Still doesn't mean they should have turned out a system that was flawed before they could make that happen.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I actually prefer the slower system. On my 2017 Chieftain the fast start up would kill the bike on start if it had been sitting for 7 -10 days. I got delayed leaving Las Vegas the first time that happened to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i love the music on the Challenger but man the ride command is horrible. The other day went under a overpass and I road for about 70 miles in night mode. Yesterday while connect by USB started having issues like the music was cutting out. When the bike starts it has the Rider Screen Loading for 5-10 minutes. It never syncs with the phone app. I have yet to attempt to really use the map to get anywhere it’s just way easier on the phone. Not sure why it even has a contacts screen or messages tab it has yet to ever show anything there. I hope they do something soon to make this a little more effective.
I have had the 2020 Challenger for a couple of months and my Ride Command is a bit flaky. It will lock up on navigation randomly and it also changes screens without being told to. I have had the screen go completely black and completely white at times. When the nav locks up the only way to clear it is to turn the bike off and back on. The nav also randomly pops up side roads and keeps popping up the side roads over and over again. Any one else having these issues?

·
Registered
61 Posts
The 2020 version has some issues, make sure you have the latest update. I've had no issues with music on the latest update which I believe was January 2020. It appears Covid really delayed fixes to the current issues and hoping they will have those fixes soon. I have my phone mounted and just use google maps when needed. I've never thought too much of the ride command navigation because it provides no real time feedback and the maps are obsolete as soon as released. Hoping Car play is included with the next update, that would be great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Totally agree that the Ride Command on the Challenger is full of bugs, Night mode is terrible, sync with phone (aside from bluetooth music) happens some times and the system cannot view routes that I have created and uploaded. I wrote to Polaris and they said that they are aware of these issus and an update will be coming later this summer. That was that. no apology for having rolled out a flawed system. This aside the Challenger is a fantastic bike so well done Polaris on the overall package.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah. I have experienced a lot of these issues. Can't wait on the update to clean some of these bugs up. Until then, I'm just enjoying the ride!!!

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice to find out that I'm not the only one having all these issues. An update is needed big time. Hopefully the Apple Car Play rumor is true!!

·
Bronze member
4,119 Posts
Nice to find out that I'm not the only one having all these issues. An update is needed big time. Hopefully the Apple Car Play rumor is true!!

Its not a rumor, its actually true. Just hasn't been officially announced. It was supposed to drop in March but it was delayed possibly to covid or software issues (I have heard both) I could see it dropping in the fall.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ride Command is pretty crappy. The nav only works if my iPhone is not connected via bluetooth. As soon as the iPhone is connected via bluetooth, Ride Command will not find any address, even though I can view the map on the screen.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts