Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the new ride Command will have weather and traffic updates, will we be able to update what we currently have with a firmware update?

·
Silver member
4,922 Posts
I agree with Baron. This new unit is made by Harmon Kardin and is a huge upgrade. In the very near future your Ride Command updates will come just like your cell phone. Plug your bike into the tender. Make sure it is connected to your home WIFI and voila it will update your bike at midnight or whatever time you choose.

Not sure this has rolled out on the new R.C., but if not it is coming soon to a bike near you...

·
Rider
922 Posts
On the Indian website there is already an upgrade kit for over $500 for the 2020 ride command that turns the ride command into a wifi hotspot for you and your passenger. Of course and additional antenna is need at ANOTHER additional cost as well as a monthly subscription price. No thank you!

·
Registered
242 Posts
@pablo94 where can information be found on the new ride command 2.0? Weather and traffic updates is a service offered by SiriusXM, maybe others, idk. Its a kick in the pants that IF the new RC comes with XM, that it wont be retro upgradable. Its software for goodness sakes. Quad core processor or not, it would still function on older units. And Im not sure going to Harmon Kardin is a good thing....(memories of my 2010 Limited radio and the associated repair costs haunt me...very proprietary stuff)

·
Registered
970 Posts
On the Indian website there is already an upgrade kit for over $500 for the 2020 ride command that turns the ride command into a wifi hotspot for you and your passenger. Of course and additional antenna is need at ANOTHER additional cost as well as a monthly subscription price. No thank you!
I guess some people can't simply enjoy the ride anymore.;)

·
Silver member
4,922 Posts
What I am seeing is they give that to you for free for the first two years. Sounds similar to any new car doesn't it? I haven't seen this antennae info. Where did you see it?

I assume we will learn more in the next couple of week while they get the website dialed in...

·
Silver member
4,922 Posts
@pablo94 where can information be found on the new ride command 2.0?
The information is still just being published, but read any of the specs on the 2020 models published today and they have info on the 2020 RC additions.

·
Rider
922 Posts
What I am seeing is they give that to you for free for the first two years. Sounds similar to any new car doesn't it? I haven't seen this antennae info. Where did you see it?

I assume we will learn more in the next couple of week while they get the website dialed in...
If you go on the Indian website under accessories then audio there is a listing for ride command navigation and cellular modem upgrade. If you read the description it tells you an additional antenna (sold separately) is needed for installation.

·
Bronze member
3,742 Posts
If you go on the Indian website under accessories then audio there is a listing for ride command navigation and cellular modem upgrade. If you read the description it tells you an additional antenna (sold separately) is needed for installation.

Which means likely the services may include pandora, iheart radio, etc

·
Registered
970 Posts
Damn, does everyone like the Harley looking fairing and bags? The main reason I switched to an Indian was the styling, now they seem to want to phase that out for a "me too" style.

·
Bronze member
3,742 Posts
Damn, does everyone like the Harley looking fairing and bags? The main reason I switched to an Indian was the styling, now they seem to want to phase that out for a "me too" style.

Polaris thinks so, and maybe so according to their research.

·
Bronze member
3,742 Posts
Why would I care when I can bluetooth from my phone to the bike. I currently use amazon music and just stream to the bike. Seems like a waste of money to me.

Its like everything else, they want to have all the bells and whistles to say they can and do. Maybe with all the motorcycle tech and texting drivers we will all cancel each other out.....literally.

·
Rider
922 Posts
No not at all!! I agree I went with Indian for something different and because it seemed they were a more transparent and honest company. It now seems they are copying Harley in every way. As well as lying to their customers just like Harley!

·
Rider
922 Posts
Its like everything else, they want to have all the bells and whistles to say they can and do. Maybe with all the motorcycle tech and texting drivers we will all cancel each other out.....literally.
I dont even like that they have this "quick reply" text feature on RC. Talk about NUTS! Shouldn't even be an option I'm my opinion. Pull over and get off the bike if you need to text!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts