Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one with a chieftain dark horse having trouble with the ride command not coming on I’ve had the bike for 3 days only 150 miles on it

·
Registered
348 Posts
remove the phone box on the dash and see if the connector came loose on the back side of the RC. May not have been properly installed and come loose. This is my go to answer since mine came loose.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Not trying to be an a**, but have you tried the power button? It is the round one in the middle.
Just saw this, thanks for the info. Had not heard of this fix before. My RC can sometimes reboot up to 4-6 times after start up. I've given up trying to understand why and come to accept it.
Hopefully this is the fix I need

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
German Rider
1,087 Posts
Update

Took to dealer they said it was a loose connection where it plugs into the ride command. I have had no more problems out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember the second post.....

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
348 Posts
Update

Took to dealer they said it was a loose connection where it plugs into the ride command. I have had no more problems out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, same here. Been 6 months or so and haven't had another issue.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Checked the connection yesterday as advised and it was definitely loose. Didn't have a chance to take it out as I'm installing the Custom Dynamics rear LED lights. Hopefully Sun or Mon depending on the wierd weather here in NorCal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts