Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone - Is anyone else having troubles with the Weather Overlay feature on the newer Ride Command system? I am logged in, and I seem to be getting the traffic overlay, but I cannot get the weather overlay. Dealer doesn't have a clue with regards to much of anything with Ride Command, much less the new weather overlay feature. This is on my 2020 Roadmaster. And as many have noticed, there is very little info in the user guide or online with this system and features... Appreciate any help or other experience. If Indian is going to charge for this service, it should work...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Everyone - Is anyone else having troubles with the Weather Overlay feature on the newer Ride Command system? I am logged in, and I seem to be getting the traffic overlay, but I cannot get the weather overlay. Dealer doesn't have a clue with regards to much of anything with Ride Command, much less the new weather overlay feature. This is on my 2020 Roadmaster. And as many have noticed, there is very little info in the user guide or online with this system and features... Appreciate any help or other experience. If Indian is going to charge for this service, it should work...
I’m having the same problem. I just preformed the latest download. I think the weather overlay only works if you loaded a route.

I’m going to try that. After the download. I noticed the screen had better color, and identified more on the map.

I have a 2020 challenger, 6000 mi. The whole reason for this up date down load for me was, the pointer wasn’t tracking correctly.

I will try the overlay tomorrow using a planned route. Because it didn’t work even though I pushed the overlay Icon to the on position.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m having the same problem. I just preformed the latest download. I think the weather overlay only works if you loaded a route.

I’m going to try that. After the download. I noticed the screen had better color, and identified more on the map.

I have a 2020 challenger, 6000 mi. The whole reason for this up date down load for me was, the pointer wasn’t tracking correctly.

I will try the overlay tomorrow using a planned route. Because it didn’t work even though I pushed the overlay Icon to the on position.
Thanks for your reply. I just did the July 29 download, but haven't had a chance to get out for a ride. I think the weather overlay should work with or without a planned route, just like the traffic overlay does. I have many planned routes, and it's never worked. I'm hoping this new download will finally get it to work. Indian should give me 8 months of credit on my account since it hasn't worked from day one - I bought this bike November 30th 2019... Keeping my fingers crossed for both! haha

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody get the July 29 new map update to generate successfully and deliver to your email?
I've tried it so many times, I don't even get the emails saying that it started generating a map file now... Guess I'm going to have to call Indian next week...

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Anybody get the July 29 new map update to generate successfully and deliver to your email?
I've tried it so many times, I don't even get the emails saying that it started generating a map file now... Guess I'm going to have to call Indian next week...
There are no emails informing you that it is in process.

It took about 12 hours for me to get the email saying the download was ready!

FYI, the email comes from [email protected]

Search to see if you missed it…

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are no emails informing you that it is in process.

It took about 12 hours for me to get the email saying the download was ready!

FYI, the email comes from [email protected]

Search to see if you missed it…
I got the file about 0230 in the morning. I guess the servers were really busy with other requests...

·
Bronze member
2,185 Posts
You have to turn on the weather overlay each time you start the bike. Also, others have posted to see weather on the screen, you have to zoom way out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, I turn it on every time... I've zoomed out to 5 miles, still nothing (the very few advertising pics showing the weather overlay are not zoomed out at all...). I installed the July 29 update, and still nothing with the weather overlays...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts