Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the software update and map update for Ride Command last night without too much difficulty. I just had to get a larger usb stick to accommodate the Map update. The USB stick from Indian was enough for the software part but not for the maps. My settings for bluetooth and next oil change did not go away as was suggested possible on the instructions. I'm looking forward to using the Nav where waypoints can be removed.

·
Bronze member
4,113 Posts
Nothing really on the 2019 vs 2018 update:

All the other changes were in the 2018 update

Key Updates

December 2019 Update
  1. Updated Indian Dealerships (available via search in Navigation)
  2. Updated Navigation to include the ability to search for destination based on postal code (UK region).

·
Bronze member
1,766 Posts
on another thread, a member with a 2018 stated that since the update, when no key fob is present, a digital keypad appears on the RC screen to input your PIN. It did not add that functionality to my 2017 unfortunately.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
  1. Added ability to sync routes and waypoints with Ride Command App and Account via Bluetooth
  2. Navigation updates including Pass Points, interface updates, low fuel navigation, and waypoint skip.
  3. Better customization of your display with independent left and right hand configurations
  4. Model year 2019 support

·
Bronze member
4,113 Posts
  1. Added ability to sync routes and waypoints with Ride Command App and Account via Bluetooth
  2. Navigation updates including Pass Points, interface updates, low fuel navigation, and waypoint skip.
  3. Better customization of your display with independent left and right hand configurations
  4. Model year 2019 support

All those items were added with the October 2018 Update. The October 2018 update crashed a bunch of systems, and it was pulled for a while. Many never updated, so they are showing all the "Cumulative" Updates from 2018-2019

If you updated tot he 2018 update, the only thing that changed was:

December 2019 Update
  1. Updated Indian Dealerships (available via search in Navigation)
  2. Updated Navigation to include the ability to search for destination based on postal code (UK region).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not sure when Indian did the update to their Ride Command/Ride Planning website, but it is 100% better than it was about 18 months ago. When I planned a trip out to the east coast, I actually had to use the Harley Davidson Ride planner, transfer the trip to the usb stick and then transfer to the bike. This Indian one still isn't perfect, but I think it's at least usable enough that I don't need to use HD's anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts