Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rider
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I updated to the new ride command on my 2018 chieftain classic. I had never had the ride command freeze before the update. It always worked flawlessly. I did the firmware update followed by the map update. Everything seemed to install properly. No warnings or glitches during the process. Now the system will lock up intermittently and either require me to shut down the system by powering off the bike or the system will reboot out of nowhere on its own. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this. I have checked the battery cables. Nothing loose at the battery or the ground to the frame. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
350 Posts
mine started rebooting on its own a while back. took it to the dealer and they messed with it for a bit and figured it was a loose connector on the back of the RC. pull out the phone storage compartment on the dash and feel for the connector on the back of the RC. I have had no problems since they messed with it. If it's not that, try to download the software again and reinstall. may be a glitch in it.

·
Rider
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I check the connection but it seems like that would be quite a coincidence since it wasn't doing this before the update and then started doing it the day after the update. I guess anything is possible. If it's not that maybe I will try the reload. I was worried because I have read that others have had to have their whole screen display replaced due to issues with the new firmware. I hope I don't have to do that to fix the issue.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I check the connection but it seems like that would be quite a coincidence since it wasn't doing this before the update and then started doing it the day after the update. I guess anything is possible. If it's not that maybe I will try the reload. I was worried because I have read that others have had to have their whole screen display replaced due to issues with the new firmware. I hope I don't have to do that to fix the issue.
As far as I know, that issue was addressed as soon a Indian found out about it. They pulled the update from the website until it was fixed, and then put it back. If you downloaded the update recently, then you have the corrected version.

·
Rider
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I know, that issue was addressed as soon a Indian found out about it. They pulled the update from the website until it was fixed, and then put it back. If you downloaded the update recently, then you have the corrected version.
I downloaded it about two weeks ago so I would imagine it was the corrected version then. Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts