Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I just completely miss that there was a software update for our ride command system? Was really hoping they’d add Nav but alas they didn’t. Best I can tell is they updated some of the prettiness.

Compass now appears on bar graph gauges (I prefer the bar gauges as opposed to the circle ones).

There’s a pretty picture of the bike on the information page.
The system as a whole seems to boot a little quicker and respond quicker to inputs as opposed to previously.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes you can do it yourself. Go here;

and find the Get Updates link. You need a USB stick formatted exFat or Fat32. Then download the FTR update and drag it to your usb. Plug the USB into the bike and navigate to the settings:general (2nd tab from left) page and scroll to the bottom to update software. Tap it, choose the file on the USB and it does it’s thing, rebooting afterwards. Takes about 30 seconds to install and reboot. (Mine did a neat light show on the dash when it rebooted flashing all the lights green blue orange and red and side to side sweep, kinda wish it did that every time I started the bike, it looked cool).

The website says this update was released in March of this year but I’ve been on the site a few times the past month and I only saw the FTR specific update today.

edit: misread the website it just says the factory original software is from March 2019, NOT that this update is from March. No idea when this update hit the site then.

·
Bronze member
2,035 Posts
Nice find! Just did mine. Even though it was delivered to the dealer in June 2019. It had the old version.

It does seem quicker to respond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I misread the update page. It just says the original software was from March of 2019, NOT that this update came out in March. It doesn’t actually say when this update came out, so no idea how long or when it was posted.

I’d be curious if someone could time how long it takes to boot before and after the update. It does feel a good bit quicker to load up on start as well as more instantaneous response to button inputs.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does yours? Mine did the multicolor sweep when it rebooted initially but now it just lights them all up like a lamp test function like it did before. I wish it did the full multicolor sweep every time!

·
Bronze member
2,035 Posts
No, I spoke too soon lol. Went back out. Back to normal. But boot up time is a bit improved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just updated mine. Unofficially counting in my head, both start ups took 20 seconds from key turn until the gauges fully loaded (showing 0mph). Although the new start up seemed to stay on the FTR logo longer and then the gauges loaded faster.

I also noticed this update flipped my trip odometers (no bid deal other than my OCD), and as I was playing around with the menus trying to spot other new things, under vehicle diagnostics it said I had an ABS indicator fault. It's raining here so no time for a quick ride but hopefully that goes away.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahh bummer. Also my bluetooth seems to be behaving better than before. Sometimes my phone book would sync, sometimes it wouldn’t. Now it’s been synced right up every time.

Reactions: edgelett

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I have that fault too. I believe it is simply there because the lamp is on until you get going. I have not ridden yet either to verify.

·
Registered
395 Posts
What was concerning to me about the light, before I did the update I scrolled through everything real quick so I had something to compare and there was nothing under vehicle diagnostics when I checked before the update. I know the light is on when you first start until you go above 5mph, so we'll see on my ride to work tomorrow.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also have an occasional U0257-Drive Mode Selector switch. But that one has only been on two times. It says something about unexpected update rate or some such. Naturally it won’t do it now that I want to take a picture of it. The ABS lamp fault says Information Failure which is what is making me think it’ll go away when you start moving? But also don’t know why that would throw a code if it’s expected behavior, either that or the system just doesn’t know that it is expected behavior. Thunderbooming here so I’m not likely to get it out rolling tonight. Also it’s ungodly humid and hot and the thought of putting my leather jacket on....🤢

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Of note; the U0257 code does not appear anywhere in the Factory Service manual. I took a screenshot of what it says about the ABS Lamp fault.

·
Registered
679 Posts
hmm mine already shows a pic of my bike (I had to enter my VIN manually though)
so I think I might already have the updated version?
Bought my bike in Oct 2019.
is there a version number or something I can check?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just went for a quick 20mi rip around town during a lull in the thunder. The ABS fault is gone afterwards and no other faults appeared. For edgelett, under your system setting information page (with the picture of the bike) the new software version is MAS4A6.AP1951A

edit: my Bluetooth with my phone+headset is definitely behaving more consistently than it used to.

Reactions: edgelett

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just updated mine. Unofficially counting in my head, both start ups took 20 seconds from key turn until the gauges fully loaded (showing 0mph). Although the new start up seemed to stay on the FTR logo longer and then the gauges loaded faster.

I also noticed this update flipped my trip odometers (no bid deal other than my OCD), and as I was playing around with the menus trying to spot other new things, under vehicle diagnostics it said I had an ABS indicator fault. It's raining here so no time for a quick ride but hopefully that goes away.
if it makes you feel any better, this is identical to my experience. u0111?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts