Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I have a question about the Ride Command.
Is it actually possible on my Roadmaster from 2017 the new one
to install software from 2020? :unsure:
She has a few nice little things more than mine. :giggle::giggle:

greeting
MacLeod

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
The consensus is no. The 2020 Ride Command has a faster processor to handle to increased features.

Reactions: Macleod

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kitulu,
thanks for the quick reply (y)(y)(y)(y)

Greeting
MacLeod

·
Bronze member
4,155 Posts
Also the Consensus is the Generation 1 ride command is better although it dosen't have the connected services available.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Also the Consensus is the Generation 1 ride command is better although it dosen't have the connected services available.
So, never having owned a Ride Command system until the 2020 MY, why is the Gen 1 considered better?

·
Registered
72 Posts
There's an update you can do for the 2017, but the newer systems have more bells and whistles. You system can't handle it. I have a 2017. I'm quite happy with the update. Yeah, I'd love to have the new system, but my budget planning says not until 2023.... which is getting closer and the Roadmaster by then will have the new toys!

·
Registered
434 Posts
For one thing, the mpg view is gone...I've got a complaint call into Indian about that one. It's one of the things I watch the most, but not on my 2020.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts