Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went riding today and paired my blue tooth to my bike like I always do. 20 minutes into the ride, the whole screen went blank/shut down and automatically restarted. On a two hour ride, this went on about every 20 minutes. I disconnected the blue tooth and just went with the radio stations. The same thing happened in radio mode. Has anyone had this problem, and what's a possible solution. Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
Had that issue ongoing last year. Came across a thread here whereby a member explained if you removed the rubber lining of the fairing compartment and reach in behind the RC computer the connection plug can be reached. My bet it's come slightly loose and just needs to be pushed back in. Mine has been solid since I did just that. An occasional solid jolt will cause my music to pause momentarily, but otherwise everything is operating normal

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the information. I am going to try it today. Hopefully it will work. You don't have to remove any part of the fairing right?

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
@Ebreezy Removing the outer fairing isn't that difficult, just intimidating. I think there are 12 screws 2 of which are under the speaker grills. Also, removing the windshield is required.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
If you do remove the outer fairing, I suggest calling a friend to help with the installation. It isn't heavy, just awkward. Another pair of hands helps keep the scratches and scrapes off your paint.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Did this fix it for you? I read this thread and it jinxed me...had the same thing happen. Screen blacked out, restarted, twice on a couple hundred mile ride. I checked my battery connections, and all seemed well. I reached behind and didn't really find anything loose, but went ahead and pushed in anyway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I could not find anything loose using my hand to feel through it but I'm waiting for the shop to remove the outer fairing and check it out. They did an update on it but that didn't work. When they do the recall in the next couple updates in the next couple of weeks, they will do the fairing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts