Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my challenger for almost 2 weeks about 1100 miles. Great bike!

I have had a strange thing starting to happen. It did it about 2-3 times yesterday on a 125 miles trip. While listening to the radio on my bluetooth headset the Ride Command seems to re-boot itself. It goes back to the starting screen with the legal warning.

Both times I didn't lose audio from the radio or anything, just the screen flashed off and then went through its typical startup process. I kept riding the whole time.

Anyone else experience this?

·
Bronze member
1,458 Posts

I have had a strange thing starting to happen. It did it about 2-3 times yesterday on a 125 miles trip. While listening to the radio on my bluetooth headset the Ride Command seems to re-boot itself. It goes back to the starting screen with the legal warning.

Both times I didn't lose audio from the radio or anything, just the screen flashed off and then went through its typical startup process. I kept riding the whole time.

It's a software issue.......see your dealer. It may be something that also "works itself out" over time. Just be patient as you only have a "few" miles on your bike. Glad you enjoy the rest of it!! The more you ride it, the better it will get...and perform!!!!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,053 Posts
Just curious. Did it coincide with a bump? Could be the screen connector port is a little loose, loses connection on a bump and restarts just the screen.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just curious. Did it coincide with a bump? Could be the screen connector port is a little loose, loses connection on a bump and restarts just the screen.
I will definitely try to observe if it coincides with a bump next time

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but your comment reminded me that my cruise control seems affected by bumps. Several times my cruise control has shut off after running over a small bump. I've hit huge bumps and nothing has happened, and then I hit a small one and my CC shuts off. Really bazaar....

·
Registered
7 Posts

I haven't noticed while riding, but the system regularly restarts itself as I change my phone connection from Bluetooth to CarPlay prior to riding. I've tried to nail down the rhyme or reason behind it, but haven't been successful yet. Lots of bugs trying to stream music from my phone as well. I'm sure/hopeful they will correct it in a future software update.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This has happened to me couple of times. Both the times, I was riding through 109-110F weather. Not sure if that had any role to play. It is a software issue. Dealer checked to make sure that the RC software is updated. If it happens often, you can ask the Dealer to swap out the RC unit for a new one under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this happen to me as well and it ended up being a loose battery terminal. The negative terminal. Once I torqued them down problem went away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts