Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Tried planning a 75 mile trip using the On-Line site. The solution was a major highway, bypassing all the great county roads and small towns. Was not able to find any way to specify types of routes, such as avoid interstates. I hope I'm missing something here, because if not, the site really sucks and is pretty useless for the type of riding I do.
On the positive side, it did sync up with the Ride Command app on my iPhone and downloaded no problem to my 2019 Chieftain Classic.
Anybody have any insights?

·
Bronze member
3,960 Posts

Tried planning a 75 mile trip using the On-Line site. The solution was a major highway, bypassing all the great county roads and small towns. Was not able to find any way to specify types of routes, such as avoid interstates. I hope I'm missing something here, because if not, the site really sucks and is pretty useless for the type of riding I do.
On the positive side, it did sync up with the Ride Command app on my iPhone and downloaded no problem to my 2019 Chieftain Classic.
Anybody have any insights?

Very easy to do. Start with the starting point and then create waypoints that define the route you wish to ride. Left click where you want a waypoint and it will ask if you want to create a waypoint there. Only create waypoints that actually define the route. Made tons of custom backroad routes with ride command.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Baron, Thanks for the info. But that's way too cumbersome. I can go to Garmin BaseCamp and get a much better result with much less time spent on editing waypoints.
Makes me wonder if the software developers are riders. The site looks awesome, but the functionality sucks.

·
Bronze member
3,960 Posts
Hey Baron, Thanks for the info. But that's way too cumbersome. I can go to Garmin BaseCamp and get a much better result with much less time spent on editing waypoints.
Makes me wonder if the software developers are riders. The site looks awesome, but the functionality sucks.

Garmin Base camp is considered one of the most complicated planners out there. Also you can drag the routes in ride command to the routing you wish to use. For example have a start and stop, Ride Command will plan the route. Then you can drag that route as you need to the desired roads etc.

·
Bronze member
3,960 Posts

Software developers are in Poland and 99.9 % of the time they are not users of what they design. They are good a developing code as they are instructed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I found that once I loaded teh route into my bike I could choose to avoid freeways, use shortest route, or fastest.

MAybe try to make one up by start and end points then play around with it while you're in the driveway...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts