Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After tapping full screen navigation, certain icons appear. The plus and minus signs for zooming on bottom left. The menu pull up for adding traffic/weather layers and upload options is center bottom. And on the right bottom is a magnifying glass for search.
My question is what is the icon just above the magnifying glass? Looks like a target sight. The center of the rings turns red, in a "loading" like fashion. If you tap it, you can turn the red off and on. It does not effect traffic or weather overlays.
Also the screen brightness sucks at its job. Dark in daylight or bright at night, or half and half. Delayed adjustments.
Thanks for your time and effort
Rayray

·
Registered
48 Posts
After tapping full screen navigation, certain icons appear. The plus and minus signs for zooming on bottom left. The menu pull up for adding traffic/weather layers and upload options is center bottom. And on the right bottom is a magnifying glass for search.
My question is what is the icon just above the magnifying glass? Looks like a target sight. The center of the rings turns red, in a "loading" like fashion. If you tap it, you can turn the red off and on. It does not effect traffic or weather overlays.
Also the screen brightness sucks at its job. Dark in daylight or bright at night, or half and half. Delayed adjustments.
Thanks for your time and effort
Rayray
I believe it is the GPS accuracy. As it acquires satellites it fills in more red. A full red circle indicates maximum accuracy. I've never tapped on it to see what it does. Maybe turns off GPS (disconnects satellites, or tries to reconnect?). I could be wrong, as this is just an assumption.

EDIT

After messing with it I think it is just the loading progress for the displayed area of the map. If you zoom in or out, or move the map it turns white and begins to fill in like it is loading the info for the new displayed area. If it is white and you tap on it, it centers the map over your current location.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Had problems with the brightness of my screen also. I had assumed that the dark tinted windshield was affecting it.
SO I just manually change mine to dark or bright depending on time of day/night that I'm riding.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it is the GPS accuracy. As it acquires satellites it fills in more red. A full red circle indicates maximum accuracy. I've never tapped on it to see what it does. Maybe turns off GPS (disconnects satellites, or tries to reconnect?). I could be wrong, as this is just an assumption.

EDIT

After messing with it I think it is just the loading progress for the displayed area of the map. If you zoom in or out, or move the map it turns white and begins to fill in like it is loading the info for the new displayed area. If it is white and you tap on it, it centers the map over your current location.
Thanks! Had me stumped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts