Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to update my new Base Challenger Ride Command.
Apparently according to Indian download site the latest is Jan 2020.
I thought there was a July update somewhere.
Is there an update newer than January 2020?

·
Bronze member
4,158 Posts
I went to update my new Base Challenger Ride Command.
Apparently according to Indian download site the latest is Jan 2020.
I thought there was a July update somewhere.
Is there an update newer than January 2020?

The next update was supposed to be in March with Apple Car play and Android Auto, but was pushed out with no date. So the January is the most current.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Baron

·
Rider
944 Posts
The next update was supposed to be in March with Apple Car play and Android Auto, but was pushed out with no date. So the January is the most current.
can you provide a link for this as I talk to the Indian area rep here in AZ about adding Apple Car Play and he said it would not happen as an update because there would need to be a hardware update as well.

·
Bronze member
4,158 Posts
can you provide a link for this as I talk to the Indian area rep here in AZ about adding Apple Car Play and he said it would not happen as an update because there would need to be a hardware update as well.

Were talking about the 2020 ride command units which are completely different hardware. On some of the later 2019 models, a hardware upgrade is required. But 2018 and earlier are out of luck. Some on their 2020 units have found an Car Play widget which of course now does nothing.

In January IMRG put out a video talking about all the new changes in the IMRG Organization and that in March Indian would be announce a "Huge Technology" update. Around the same time dealers were confirming that Car Play and Android were coming. It was supposed to launch in March of this year but Covid completely derailed all the plans. Indian Corp won't comment on it. But it is part on the new Ride Command system that came out late last year (2020) and is still plagued with a lot of bugs and issues.

·
Rider
944 Posts
Were talking about the 2020 ride command units which are completely different hardware.
So am I, I talked to the rep after the challenger came out. His comment was that current hardware would not support Apple car play and that it would be a couple of years before it came out. That was November-December of 2019 which would put it into 2022 season. He could have been full of bunk but that's what he said.

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
497 Posts
One of the users on this forum discovered the FTR had a ride command update last week. When it came out, there is no telling. Indian's ride command site still says the last update was the factory update in March 2019, however after comparing revision numbers, none of us had the most current update. Perhaps the dates were never updated on the website. Still no carplay or android auto, but it did make the display more responsive and added some features to our dash displays that were not there before. Might be worth checking for other models to ensure what is on the site matches whats on your bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts