Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some difficulty in getting rid of these small quirks shown below. How do you get rid of these miss directions? Sometimes it makes a square and when you watch the route in Ayvri it tracks these errors. I transferred this to my bike and one part of the route changed for some reason. Is this normal bugs for this software?

Tim

GPS Route 1.jpg

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Sometimes it helps to set a few waypoints along the route. That will help eliminate the odd little "circle this block twice" routings that RC likes to throw in. The ride route changing can also happen depending on what you have your preferences set for on the bike in RC: Avoiding Highways, Fastest/Shortest/Scenic Route, etc.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and information. I do set a lot of way points and it seems their is a limit to the number you can use? It seems to quit working at 24? I set both the bike and this software to “avoid major highways” so they should be on the same page as far as choosing similar roads. Is there any instructions available for this software?

Tim

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I haven't seen a limit on waypoints...before I figured out how to properly format rides created from other sources, like Google Maps, I would get 40+ waypoints on a route when I uploaded it to the bike. I also haven't seen much in the way of RC instructions. We here on this forum have pretty much figured it out by trial and error...there are a few threads about it.

Like this one...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your response and link. I will be trying out my route this weekend and hopefully I can blow by these quirks.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts