Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I was on a ride with my Wife. I had my Bluetooth from my Samsung S8 Playing my Music from Amazon Prime Music and put my Waypoint in (Home ). And when I went to start riding after I set everything up .My Music would not Play . If I switched to FM or AM it would work with the Navigation but not with the Bluetooth on the Phone . Any one run into this ? If so ,what is the Fix ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Am I too dumb or didn‘t I check it: how can I play certain titles or albums from my I Phone using the ride command during ridin?
My Ride Command (Chieftain 2019) only plays ALL titles randomized ...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Am I too dumb or didn‘t I check it: how can I play certain titles or albums from my I Phone using the ride command during ridin?
My Ride Command (Chieftain 2019) only plays ALL titles randomized ...
I would think the song selection would be on the phone, not the bike. The bike should be simply receiving the music from the phone. In either case, you could create and play a playlist that would be the songs you selected in the order you selected.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would think the song selection would be on the phone, not the bike. The bike should be simply receiving the music from the phone. In either case, you could create and play a playlist that would be the songs you selected in the order you selected.
Thanks, and: now that´s a point for HD: my ex-CVO SG could read the iPhone´s Albums, Playlists and I could search for a special title - with the iPhone in the Phone-compartement.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks, and: now that´s a point for HD: my ex-CVO SG could read the iPhone´s Albums, Playlists and I could search for a special title - with the iPhone in the Phone-compartement.
My 2017 can do that - it shows me the lists on the Roadmaster, and I can toggle through from songs, albums, playlists, etc. without much issue. I'm away on business without access to my bike; but, if I recall correctly, it indexes and shows up on the Music screen of Ride Command -- it also works on the Nav/Radio split screen I have setup too, now that I think about it. There is a touch button to get beyond the "Playing now" visual, bringing up the lists and options you are looking for.

Now - if I could get my iPhone to stop resetting the iTunes app playback when I switch vehicles, that would be nice -- it seems to reset to the default of playing Songs, Alphabetically. It does this in my truck, my wife's SUV, and then the Roadmaster -- like it can't remember what it was playing when I disconnected it from the truck the last time.

This is actually how I figured out how to access the playlists, etc. on the Ride command! I had stopped to use the restroom, and the iTunes app reset to playing Songs: Alphabetically after the power to the USB was turned off/back on.I played around (Carefully!) while driving, and found I could easily get back through the menus to my Playlists, select the one I was listening to, then scroll down to the song I last heard before the pit-stop.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 2017 can do that - it shows me the lists on the Roadmaster, and I can toggle through from songs, albums, playlists, etc. without much issue. I'm away on business without access to my bike; but, if I recall correctly, it indexes and shows up on the Music screen of Ride Command -- it also works on the Nav/Radio split screen I have setup too, now that I think about it. There is a touch button to get beyond the "Playing now" visual, bringing up the lists and options you are looking for.

Now - if I could get my iPhone to stop resetting the iTunes app playback when I switch vehicles, that would be nice -- it seems to reset to the default of playing Songs, Alphabetically. It does this in my truck, my wife's SUV, and then the Roadmaster -- like it can't remember what it was playing when I disconnected it from the truck the last time.

This is actually how I figured out how to access the playlists, etc. on the Ride command! I had stopped to use the restroom, and the iTunes app reset to playing Songs: Alphabetically after the power to the USB was turned off/back on.I played around (Carefully!) while driving, and found I could easily get back through the menus to my Playlists, select the one I was listening to, then scroll down to the song I last heard before the pit-stop.
Cool, I´ll try that for sure! Many thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts