Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding along listening to FM station, then it starts playing from the USB stick Anyone seen this? I have the latest firmware. Removing the USB stick would probably eliminate the issue (?) but I like it for rides where there are no stations.
Thanks

·
Bronze member
1,617 Posts
Not familiar with that one. My FM reception is poor and I use USB most of the time. I have issues with navigating in and around USB screen such that I can not select play all. Ticks me off

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not familiar with that one. My FM reception is poor and I use USB most of the time. I have issues with navigating in and around USB screen such that I can not select play all. Ticks me off

I just checked mine. In the USB screen, select the ICON that looks like a list. It shows all the songs and you can X out any. The go back and Select the button that has the arrows crossing. This will shuffle among all your songs unless unselected. The other ICON is repeat. It can repeat after all are played or repeat only that one (small one in the icon) Does this help? It will also read playlists if you have them. I did this with my GARMIN 660, its touchy about the playlist file extension.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Only issues I have had are when I stream music from the iPhone which is on a USB cable so I can also keep the phone charged and sometimes a fight develops between the USB and the Bluetooth over which one is going to play my tunes

·
Bronze member
1,617 Posts
Let me see if I can take a video tonight of my issue...well one of my issues

·
Bronze member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only issues I have had are when I stream music from the iPhone which is on a USB cable so I can also keep the phone charged and sometimes a fight develops between the USB and the Bluetooth over which one is going to play my tunes
This is basically the same issue. I've seen it manifest the same way. I wish i could definitevly say it councided with a bump in the road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Definitely a loose USB stick/plug fit,
I had the plug replaced under warranty no difference,
The only fix was to add some thin paper medical tape on on side of the stick so that the pin/contacts are pressed tighter together and it can't jiggle loose.(and I fit some soft open cell foam on top that presses the stick to the bottom of the dash compartment, problem solved. I notice that the 2020/2021 bikes have a thicker wire and a far tighter fit with the included usb stick,, if under warranty try to get them to install the newer tighter plug and try to get the new 32 gig stick to go with it.. .
I really wish they had onboard memory we could copy files to... my 2018 Chieftain Elite
Riding along listening to FM station, then it starts playing from the USB stick Anyone seen this? I have the latest firmware. Removing the USB stick would probably eliminate the issue (?) but I like it for rides where there are no stations.
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks
Have had similar problem. Playing from USB, when phone that is bluetoothed to radio gets message, it goes to bluetooth mode and won't go back to USB by itself. Don't know if it will do that with FM cause I don't listen to FM. Also speed volume level adjust will not increase volume in USB mode.

·
Rider
747 Posts
I’ve had this issue a few times as well. I’ll be listening to the radio and the bike just decides its time to listen to my iPod lol.

·
Bronze member
3,686 Posts
Like others said, most likely a loose USB socket. For some reason the socket on the Indian USB plug is not to industry spec (lowest cheap bidder) so USB sticks tend not to fit very snug causing connection issues. I basically tries several USB sticks and used the one that had the more snug fit and have not had issues.

The loose fit on most applications is not a huge issue, but on a vibrating motorcycle it is.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Mine does this too, I leave an old phone permanently attached for music, if listening to FM as soon as the phone gets some charge it switches back to USB automatically. I guess the simple solution is to not have anything connected to the USB if you want to listen to the radio.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts