Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but did not see this particular question.

I have everything connected and working. My Samsung Note 8 is connect to RC as is my Sena 10S Bluetooth Headset. I can receive and make calls via the headset. I also saw a setting for the option to play music through the headset or the speakers.

My question is, how do I get the RC to play GPS prompts through my headset? They continue to play through the speakers. I'd prefer the music to stay through the speakers (though I see I have the option of the headset) but I see no option to play the GPS prompts through the speakers.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I don't think there is a separate setting for that. I think it is music + voice nav through the speakers OR the helmet. That being said, my Sena 10U acts oddly at times when both the wife and I are commed up and I am connected to RC.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,078 Posts
I'm with @Kitulu, as far as I know it's all or none. Either music and GPS go through the speakers or they go through the headset.

·
Banned
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'm sure that is the way it is. It would be nice to be able to keep the music through the speakers but all or nothing. I think I'll just keep the navigation and music via the speakers for now.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Thanks, I'm sure that is the way it is. It would be nice to be able to keep the music through the speakers but all or nothing. I think I'll just keep the navigation and music via the speakers for now.

Thanks for the feedback.
Honestly, I turned the voice directions off for the RC. I found them to be irritating. I just keep track of the upcoming miles to my next turn, and glance down at the map when needed.

·
Banned
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly, I turned the voice directions off for the RC. I found them to be irritating. I just keep track of the upcoming miles to my next turn, and glance down at the map when needed.
Well, I've been spoiled by my BMW and really like not having to look down, especially in city traffic.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've dedicated an hour or so of my life (okay it was a few hours) to find out the same thing a while back. Just as Kitulu said it's both music and command through either the speakers or headset.
There was supposed to be a Ride Command focus group in April as stated in their March news letter and that did not happen, I contacted Indian Motorcycle and was told there would be one starting in mid May. That as far as I know did not happen either.
Maybe if we get a lot more people to get in contact with Indian and ask about the focus group it will get the ball rolling. Definite changes need to be made in the NAV system and some of the QOL features.

·
Banned
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've dedicated an hour or so of my life (okay it was a few hours) to find out the same thing a while back. Just as Kitulu said it's both music and command through either the speakers or headset.
There was supposed to be a Ride Command focus group in April as stated in their March news letter and that did not happen, I contacted Indian Motorcycle and was told there would be one starting in mid May. That as far as I know did not happen either.
Maybe if we get a lot more people to get in contact with Indian and ask about the focus group it will get the ball rolling. Definite changes need to be made in the NAV system and some of the QOL features.
Thanks for the info. I would definitely be interested in giving feedback. The speakers in my headset are fine for phone and directions but horrible for music. Thus the reason for having the Chieftain with the speakers.

A couple of other things I found that I would like to see improved:

1) Show the street names, all the time. No street names show up if I just have the map on with no navigation. Maybe that's a setting I have not found yet or maybe I have to zoom in more.

2) The way the GPS presents directions is not very good in my opinion. Things like showing the next turn and distance to that turn at the top instead of in a list of turns on the left. A little confusing and busy.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The street names come up if you are zoomed in...sometimes...but it seems to be a mix of major streets and minor streets, and hit or miss as to what names will show. You CAN display a list of turns by pressing the "list" icon on the full map screen, but it floats over the map screen.
Thanks for the info. I would definitely be interested in giving feedback. The speakers in my headset are fine for phone and directions but horrible for music. Thus the reason for having the Chieftain with the speakers.

A couple of other things I found that I would like to see improved:

1) Show the street names, all the time. No street names show up if I just have the map on with no navigation. Maybe that's a setting I have not found yet or maybe I have to zoom in more.

2) The way the GPS presents directions is not very good in my opinion. Things like showing the next turn and distance to that turn at the top instead of in a list of turns on the left. A little confusing and busy.

·
Banned
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The street names come up if you are zoomed in...sometimes...but it seems to be a mix of major streets and minor streets, and hit or miss as to what names will show. You CAN display a list of turns by pressing the "list" icon on the full map screen, but it floats over the map screen.

Thanks for the info...

Like I said, I'm pretty spoiled by the Garmin/BMW GPS on my GS Adventure. That thing even shows weather overlayed on the map so you can avoid things like that nasty thunderstorm I ran into this weekend. I guess I shouldn't have so high a expectations.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Thanks for the info...

Like I said, I'm pretty spoiled by the Garmin/BMW GPS on my GS Adventure. That thing even shows weather overlayed on the map so you can avoid things like that nasty thunderstorm I ran into this weekend. I guess I shouldn't have so high a expectations.
I wish the RC would show weather and traffic...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,078 Posts
With the phone connected, it should be doable.

I just wish someone would integrate Waze. Traffic, Weather, and crowd powered speed traps.
I have Android Auto in my F-150 and it works great. If Indian is reading this thread hopefully they add that and iPhone CarPlay to it as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts