(hope this is in the right thread)
Anyone else having issues with the latest update?
I decided to update my ride command to the latest version (Feb 2023) from my Oct 2022. Did the maps at the same time. I had ZERO issues with Ride Command on the old load but figured the update may have things I want.
This Feb 2023 update has not worked well.
- loud pop comes from stereo during ride command startup
- Car play takes longer to load when the phone is plugged in (used to be 3 or 4 seconds, now it seems like 30
- Apple Car play seems to lock up and the stereo sound goes away after about 20 min. It shows music playing, will pause and skip forward with the thumb control. Even shows the bike moving on the map.
- Unplug the phone and the car play screen stays there.
- Only fix is to shut bike down and restart everything.
- Volume resets to "5" after bike shut down
Music works fine over USB, does not cutout after 20 min (haven't tried bluetooth).
I have reloaded Feb firmware with no change. I have the old firmware and may go back to that but wanted to see if others are having similar issues.
I am going to contact dealer so they can work this through Indian but is there a contact with Indian specific to ride command issues?
anytime you update the Ride Command software do this.
Have ride command forget your phone and any other Bluetooth devices. Go into your phone and forget ride command.
Then do not connect your phone via Bluetooth to ride command, just the headset Keep also in mind that 90% of all car play issues are with the lightning connector making intermittent contact. Clean out your phone socket with a toothpick. You be surprised how much lint will be in there.