Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very simple to do...But in my case couldnt use Factory flash drive...Loaded Ride command download... downloaded it to Flash Card...loaded to bike...and it said bad file...Tried it a couple of times...Downloaded it again...went back to bike...Same thing...got pissed called Polaris CS...Girl told me to format flash card ...did that same thing no go...So jumped on Forum...most reccomended to buy San Disc or Memorex Flash card...Did that bought a 32 gb Memorex...Downloaded everything again...which is time consuming...So long story short...In my case was to buy a new Flash Card...and ur gud to go...Map Update worked perfectly as well...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Same issue here, I complained and.let the Indian service rep know that the memory stick provided is the issue? They sent me a new Kingston 32g for free!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Did you create the map key on the bike before downloading the new maps?

·
Bronze member
4,113 Posts
The most successful way to Update maps is to start with a FAT32 freshly formatted 32GB-64GB SD Card.

When doing a software update, you need to start with a FAT32 freshly formatted 32GB-64GB SD Card.

Basically you need to format your SD Cards (FAT32) each time you do a map and or software update for each one.

We shouln't have to do this, but it is a design flaw in Indians Polish designed software.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The most successful way to Update maps is to start with a FAT32 freshly formatted 32GB-64GB SD Card.

When doing a software update, you need to start with a FAT32 freshly formatted 32GB-64GB SD Card.

Basically you need to format your SD Cards (FAT32) each time you do a map and or software update for each one.

We shouln't have to do this, but it is a design flaw in Indians Polish designed software.

At first with their Flash Stick i didnt Format...after three tries i called Polaris Customer Service...The woman answering told me to Format to Fat 32...did that on the computer...Tried it again twice for Ride Command ...twice for updating Maps...And yes i Created the key for Maps...after just wastin my time and getting pissed...Jumped on this Forum and got sum advice...not many said much about formatting...Most said ditch their Flash Stick and buy a new one which i did...Went down to Target got me a 32gb Memorex Flash Stick...Right out of the box...No formatting...thru it in the computer...downloaded all Software without a glitch...Took it out to the Bike after i already downloaded the key...and the initial Ride Command Software which of course you do first...Maps downloaded right up without a problem...Restarted and i was gud to go...So this is wat worked for me...For others it might be different...But for a $25000 Bike they shud have invested in a better Flash Stick...

·
Registered
479 Posts
I started letting the dealer doing it after my first failed attempt. They usually only charge 1/4 hr, much less than my hassle is worth. I always fear of bricking it and then not being able to ride it if I screw it up at home.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've found the factory flash stick is temperamental. Format or not sometimes it just will not identify itself to the bike or computer. I'm no longer using the factory one and instead using a SanDisk Cruzer which I have a number of, they work perfectly every time and take up less room if left connected to the bike for music.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So I could not use the Kingston 32 GB USB flash drive that came with my Challenger so I called Indian Customer service (?) to find out what range of sizes I could use (e.g. 8-64 GB) and I was told 16 GB max. I told her it came with 32 GB but she still insisted that documentation stated 16 GB. I will likely get a new 32 GB flash drive. I beginning to think that their service folks aren’t being provided with up to date information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I could not use the Kingston 32 GB USB flash drive that came with my Challenger so I called Indian Customer service (?) to find out what range of sizes I could use (e.g. 8-64 GB) and I was told 16 GB max. I told her it came with 32 GB but she still insisted that documentation stated 16 GB. I will likely get a new 32 GB flash drive. I beginning to think that their service folks aren’t being provided with up to date information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im using a 32...with no problems...

·
Registered
244 Posts
I use a Sandisk 32gb with no issues. Even from a Mac computer. The supplied one from Indian did not work either the first time I tried doing it a couple years ago. I keep the Sandisk in the bike so it never gets used for anything else

·
Bronze member
2,628 Posts
The 32 gig that came with my Challenger works fine...Already did a map update with no real snags. I am curious...when I click on download map update, it sends the update to my email acct. There’s no way to select any other place to send the update. Seem the most efficient way would be to send the update directly the flash drive.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You have to download the key from the Bike inorder for u to download the Map Update...when u plug the the Stick back into the PC ...the PC recognizes the key then itll load the Map Update to the Stick...Then u take the stick back out to the bike to update the Map to the Ride Command System...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts