Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like that's just been updated and based on the file name it's as of April of this year. I thought that something was up when trying to download in the last few days I was getting an error message. Haven't installed it yet. It seems Ride Command 2 may be different in the installation as I don't think we need to do anything regarding setting up the USB stick first. At least I don't see anything concerned with that on mine. I'll let you know. Updating maps now. Did not have to do anything special as far as a key goes.

Well, I just did it. SW is On-Road_NA_20200424_56KTRABB8L3387109_f57753e169b44fa8b6f5658dff727dd6.mapdata

It went in ok, no apparent issues. Thought I would run the bike whilst it was going on....bad idea. In the 90's and high humidity. Had to put a fan blowing into the right side to keep it's cool. Should have just put the battery tender on it. Took awhile to get installed. It's 23Gb.

Not sure how to know the differences as Indian doesn't really say what it fixed or new features...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Map and Ride Command update went well but ...... this dam GPS still cannot accept a foreign destination entry.
I leave in France and I cannot enter any destination outside France, ie Italy, Germany, Switzerland...etc

Even worse, when I connect my phone as a BT internet access point, any GPS address entry gets search replies with US addresses only !!

Logged 2 cases to Indian support few months ago, no replies
Dealers says "known issue", which does not help, no issue resolution in sight.

Do they really want to sell their bikes beyond US ???

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to be a pain in the a** to them and keep calling until you get someone that has a clue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Map and Ride Command update went well but ...... this dam GPS still cannot accept a foreign destination entry.
I leave in France and I cannot enter any destination outside France, ie Italy, Germany, Switzerland...etc

Even worse, when I connect my phone as a BT internet access point, any GPS address entry gets search replies with US addresses only !!

Logged 2 cases to Indian support few months ago, no replies
Dealers says "known issue", which does not help, no issue resolution in sight.

Do they really want to sell their bikes beyond US ???
Bonjour
j'ai les memes probleme que toi c'est une vrai daube le ride command ,j'ai ressortie mon vieux garmin.
bon ride

1 - 4 of 4 Posts