Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much weight are people putting on their tour pack racks? My rack has a label saying 5 lb limit. I weighed my empty Rickrack bag that I have for my tri-glide and it weighed 9.7 lbs. I like the no strap hook up of the Rickrack but I'd like to be sure it won't harm my Roadmaster tour pack as it would probably get close to 30lbs. loaded.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,847 Posts
Manufactures give low ratings for liability reasons. You need to analyze the strength of the rack and the total load and center of gravity of your bike set up. Make sure you are comfortable. A bike swerves different with a luggage load on it. Practice some before taking a trip. It is the same with carrying a passenger....the bike handles differently. You need to get used to it and make sure it is safe for you to be in command.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Agreed. If you are riding a Roadmaster, get used to it riding solo. Add a passenger -- it will be different. If you don't have a passenger all time, try removing the tourpack and riding solo. It makes a huge difference (fun.)

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
40 Posts
IMG_7480.jpg

I just got back from a 27 day trip , full loaded on my Roadmaster, Bag strapped on top of tour pack easily 30lbs plus rain cover and two jackets in this picture. Dont worry about "label", pack up and go! I agree though with the gentleman fully loaded and passenger will affect bike somewhat but mainly in windy situations. Just drive a little slower and everything will be fine. The extra weight on my tour pack didnt hurt it at all , functions just fine. just my two cents, Ride Safe!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts