Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Rhineheart done any fitment improvements.. And if any one here installed these lately how do you like??? on the fence here.. Ive got the Jackpot 2-1-2.. Should I just leave well enough alone??

·
Registered
141 Posts
Love mine, but they do scrape occasionally. Doesn't really bother me.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,682 Posts
Has Rhineheart done any fitment improvements.. And if any one here installed these lately how do you like??? on the fence here.. Ive got the Jackpot 2-1-2.. Should I just leave well enough alone??
Guess it depends on what you are looking for. What do you think the Rhinharts will give you? What to you not like about your current set up? Dean

·
5,253 Posts
The primary reason for true duals is for loudness, not so much for performance.

·
3,682 Posts
The Rhineharts are not true duals, they have a cross over chamber. Freedom pipes are true duals. D

Reactions: Baron58

·
5,253 Posts
The different design might not have as much of a torque loss if any. I haven't seen any dyno run data to either prove or disprove anything.

·
Bronze member
4,159 Posts
The Rhineharts are not true duals, they have a cross over chamber. Freedom pipes are true duals. D

Yep the Rinehart's as you say are not True Duals due to the crossover, they are more of a refined 2 into 1 into 2. So they blatantly LIE calling them true duals. LOL

·
Bronze member
4,159 Posts
The different design might not have as much of a torque loss if any. I haven't seen any dyno run data to either prove or disprove anything.

Craig B has tested them and said they do well just as the stock header and the fuel motto jackpot header.

·
5,253 Posts
That's encouraging. At least it works well with the Thunderstroke motor. The Challenger can have issues throwing codes etc. especially with a full header system it seems. Not always but enough to make me hesitant.

·
Bronze member
4,159 Posts
That's encouraging. At least it works well with the Thunderstroke motor. The Challenger can have issues throwing codes etc. especially with a full header system it seems. Not always but enough to make me hesitant.

Well Rinehart doesn't make a full system for the Challenger.

Most of the codes thrown by the Challengers are from a multitude of QC issues with throttle bodies, wiring harnesses and switch cubes.

·
Bronze member
1,589 Posts
I have the Bassani 2-1 system on my Challenger and it runs great with the S1 airbox and download. Not a single code has popped off.

·
Rider
1,591 Posts
Whilst on this subject any word in comparison to the TAB 2-1-2 headpipe vs the Rinehart? I know the TAB uses the front headpipe and rear crossover. Rinehart does not.

·
Bronze member
1,623 Posts
They are still working through fitment issues. I really like my Jackpot but am hoping to tone it down some. I'm on the other side where I like quiet exhaust.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Craig B has tested them and said they do well just as the stock header and the fuel motto jackpot header.
They out perform the stock headpipe. That cross over tube restricts a lot of flow I would assume. It’s literally crunched halfway from its original size.

I put the slim lines on and Craig tuned it from a decat headpipe, clutch started slipping and wouldn’t hold 5th or 6th at all.

·
3,682 Posts
I have the Rhineheart mufflers on my chieftain, which sound good. just wonder if with the Slimlines from Rhineheart would sount that much better
Sound wise I don't think you will hear any difference. The biggest difference in the sound comes from removing the cat or installing a header with out the cat. I have heard that there is a clearance issue with the Rhinehart header. The crossover like tends to bottom out If you get into the turns. Your decision but I would save your money. Dean

·
Bronze member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sound wise I don't think you will hear any difference. The biggest difference in the sound comes from removing the cat or installing a header with out the cat. I have heard that there is a clearance issue with the Rhinehart header. The crossover like tends to bottom out If you get into the turns. Your decision but I would save your money. Dean
I spoke with a tech at Rhineheart today and he told me that they corrected very recently
the scraping issue so i ordered the Slimlines today. should get sometime next week.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts