Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need thoughts from people, as I cannot really find one attached to Chief DH. Would you get Rhineharts or Vance and hines? I like deep, throaty but also nice and loud ones.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,105 Posts
From reviews I've read, rhineharts are a bit louder than Vance and Hines, but have less of a deep rumble. I love my v&h turndown pipes. Without baffling, they are pretty loud. There's videos on how to make them even louder, but I added some baffles to mellow them out a little.

·
Registered
29 Posts
From reviews I've read, rhineharts are a bit louder than Vance and Hines, but have less of a deep rumble. I love my v&h turndown pipes. Without baffling, they are pretty loud. There's videos on how to make them even louder, but I added some baffles to mellow them out a little.
those look good

·
Registered
4 Posts
Need thoughts from people, as I cannot really find one attached to Chief DH. Would you get Rhineharts or Vance and hines? I like deep, throaty but also nice and loud ones.
In my garage I have an 18 DH with Indian air Rineharts and cat removed stock cams, a 17 Vintage with Indian air V&H stock cat and stock cams, and an 18 Chieftain with Indian air Rineharts stock cat stage two cams. The idle sound is somewhat milder on the V&H bike. Getting after it there is no contest in that the Rineharts have a deeper and louder roar that is awesome. The Chieftain was bone stock and the Rineharts were added after comparing the better sound between the 17 Vintage with and V&H and the 18 DH with Rineharts after pack riding the group together for thousands of miles. Performance wise the two stock cam bikes are very similar. IE get Rineharts

·
Bronze member
2,109 Posts
I’ve heard about every slip-on pipe for these bikes. If you really like louder with a bark go with the Rineharts. I do cross country riding so I much prefer the Vance & Hines. They rumble but don’t wear you down on a long ride.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got them installed and damn, those babies sound sweet. Vance and Hines were deeper, but RhineHarts have a bit of a more aggressive sounds it seems. Once again, thank you for all the answers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts