Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just got an email from Revzilla that the SENA Cavalry with an integrated SMH10r is on sale this weekend for half off. So its like buying a SMH10r and getting a free helmet and free installation with upgraded speakers and boomles mic.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
I have one and I don't care for the bluetooth function at all. I haven't turned mine on since the month after I got it. For $175, I'd get one again if I was in the market for another helmet.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Not that I'm doubting your word, just curious as to what exactly about the BT you don't like? I've made phone calls from mine to people on Landlines and they don't even know I'm on a motorcycle. I can talk fine to the Wife while she is using her Sena Savage helmet via the intercom.... Again, just curious.

I have one and I don't care for the bluetooth function at all. I haven't turned mine on since the month after I got it. For $175, I'd get one again if I was in the market for another helmet.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Not that I'm doubting your word, just curious as to what exactly about the BT you don't like? I've made phone calls from mine to people on Landlines and they don't even know I'm on a motorcycle. I can talk fine to the Wife while she is using her Sena Savage helmet via the intercom.... Again, just curious.
I have a Shoei NeoTec with Sena SRL and that is amazing. I’ve had phone calls like you describe... the other person thinking I was on the couch, not on my bike doing 75 down the interstate.

The Calvary, I’ve never had that. The phone calls I’ve answered, the other person can’t understand what I’m saying or there’s too much wind noise. I’m on a Roadmaster with a 16”Freedom flip shield so I can’t block wind any better.

Ive also used that helmet as a spare and have had my mother on the back with me. We used bluetooth so we could talk (she with the Calvary and me with the NeoTec) and I had to disconnect from her because all I was getting was wind noise.

Certainly possible there’s a setting that needs changed or something but it just turned me off to using it for anything other than a basic helmet. It’s been replaced by a Super Seer and don’t plan on wearing it anytime soon.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Strange that we've had the exact opposite experience. lol

I've got a Chieftain DH with a Klockwerks shield. I just make sure I raise it full upright and pause whatever music I'm listening to, only because it's hard to hear the other person since I'm refusing to wear the ear cup things.

Perhaps your helmet is using the original firmware? The first thing I did was update the firmware before using the helmet so I can't speak to the "O.G." firmware that shipped with the helmet.

The Calvary, I’ve never had that. The phone calls I’ve answered, the other person can’t understand what I’m saying or there’s too much wind noise. I’m on a Roadmaster with a 16”Freedom flip shield so I can’t block wind any better.

·
Bronze member
1,623 Posts
I bought 2 of these. Thanks for the heads up. We can use these on the mopeds too! Yes, we have mopeds for cruising neighborhoods and country roads.

·
Rider
434 Posts
I bought 2 of them yesterday also

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,302 Posts
I've got one and LOVE IT! Just got my father in law one a few weeks ago and then my brother and law and his wife both got them. We did 300 miles together this past weekend talking to each other the whole time. We had a few issues till we all got on the same firmware version. (One was reallllllly old.) I was doing 70 down the highway and answered a call. The person on the other end had no idea I was on my bike.

·
Rider
620 Posts
If Sena actually gave a damn about being competitive I'd have stayed with them. Sold mine off and went to the Cardo Paktalk. 100% better features. Sena could have made their software compatitble with Google Voice and Siri ages ago but nope. Cardo did it with an update, AND worked with JBL to get better speakers that actually sound good.

·
Rider
434 Posts
I bought a Cardo for my Shoei X-14 helmet I wear on my ZX-14R. The speakers are a lot louder than the Sena. I did chunk my Sena-20S. It was a pos.

Reactions: spykez

·
Rider
620 Posts
I bought a Cardo for my Shoei X-14 helmet I wear on my ZX-14R. The speakers are a lot louder than the Sena. I did chunk my Sena-20S. It was a pos.
Yep! Oh and they actually certified water proofed it too. Literally everything I've complained about lacking on the Sena, Cardo has. Voice commands work SO much better. Sena I couldn't even use "next tack" because it couldn't understand the X. Had to put so much emphasise on it like neCCKKSSSST that I was damn near spitting on my visor lol

This helmet uses an old model that's going to barely be supported, still not worth the money.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Nope, it doesn't. The "buttons" for clipping on the flip up face shield are spread too far apart on the helmet. It's not a 'universal' clip/button location. It's only there to put on the 'extended' sun visor if you wanted to.

I'd consider it, but based on the picture, a flip up face shield doesn't look like it would fit. Otherwise, it seems like a [email protected] good helmet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts