Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title suggests, the Big Bore kit has been done to a 60! Very exciting to be able to have the low entrance cost of a 60, with 60 looks, but be able to play with the big brothers! What great time to be a rider!
5676364461.jpg

91hp and 77ftlbs! Stupid flat torque curve,
Stock air box and stock muffs

·
Bronze member
2,727 Posts
SAE Numbers are 88.43 hp / 75.07 Trq
Should handily out perform any stock Scout 69.

The real question is what power levels are attainable with an S&S air cleaner and loud slipons - once retuned.

We also need verification that Revolution Performance is going to provide PVCX tune support for kit purchasers...?

Reactions: Hatt

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SAE Numbers are 88.43 hp / 75.07 Trq
Should handily out perform any stock Scout 69.

The real question is what power levels are attainable with an S&S air cleaner and loud slipons - once retuned.

We also need verification that Revolution Performance is going to provide PVCX tune support for kit purchasers...?
No doubt!

With the equipment you mention, you basically have my Scouts numbers., because it basically becomes s my Scout... lol

Yes, as have been mentioned before, they will offer support..

·
Bronze member
2,727 Posts
Recent postings on the other 3 threads forced me to research the S60 vs S69 part numbers... The heads and cams have different part numbers.. So parity of performance results is "in question"..

Reactions: Hatt

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
Pretty impressive.

I hope the riders that shift in the 2500-3k range pay attention to the power gains and what rpm level they are at. ;)

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,200 Posts
The price of the kit plus installation has to be somewhat expensive. I wonder how close to the price of a 69 cubic inch Scout those costs would bring a Sixty to. For example a gloss black 2019 ABS Sixty lists for $9799 and a 2019 gloss black 69 cubic inch Scout lists for $12,299, a difference of $2,500. If the kit with installation comes significantly lower in cost than $2,500 then it might be a worthwhile expenditure.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Recent postings on the other 3 threads forced me to research the S60 vs S69 part numbers... The heads and cams have different part numbers.. So parity of performance results is "in question"..
pretty sure, they have only the difference of the finish for the heads that reflects the different PN. Not sure about cams. They don't look any different though upon quick check. But, as we know that doesn't mean they are the identical.. I do know they had a number change even for regular Scout's. When I needed a new, we (my dealer) noticed a new number for the 69.
But, you raise a good question. I'll see if we can't reach Polaris and see what we learn, if not, maybe we can sneak some info from the horses mouth, aka S&S on the cams.

·
Bronze member
2,727 Posts
pretty sure, they have only the difference of the finish for the heads that reflects the different PN. Not sure about cams. They don't look any different though upon quick check. But, as we know that doesn't mean they are the identical.. I do know they had a number change even for regular Scout's. When I needed a new, we (my dealer) noticed a new number for the 69.
But, you raise a good question. I'll see if we can't reach Polaris and see what we learn, if not, maybe we can sneak some info from the horses mouth, aka S&S on the cams.
Our Revolution Performance "spokesperson" , Racer212, indicated that the heads and cams are different between the S60 and S69, and that parity of performance results should not be expected..

As with you, I would expect the heads to be identical except for the external finishing. The cams having different part numbers is concerning though..

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The price of the kit plus installation has to be somewhat expensive. I wonder how close to the price of a 69 cubic inch Scout those costs would bring a Sixty to. For example a gloss black 2019 ABS Sixty lists for $9799 and a 2019 gloss black 69 cubic inch Scout lists for $12,299, a difference of $2,500. If the kit with installation comes significantly lower in cost than $2,500 then it might be a worthwhile expenditure.
The kit is 1300. So there some head room,
However not everyone will need to have the work done from outside.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Our Revolution Performance "spokesperson" , Racer212, indicated that the heads and cams are different between the S60 and S69, and that parity of performance results should not be expected..

As with you, I would expect the heads to be identical except for the external finishing. The cams having different part numbers is concerning though..
Parity? Nah. But negligible I expect..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts