Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Indian Vintage riders! Just curious what tires you're running on your Vintage and what you believe the "best" option for replacement is on today's market. I'm riding a 2015 Vintage that I bought last fall. Currently has about 5,900 miles. These tires will get me through this year's riding season, but I want to start planning for their replacement.

Thanks!

~Raz

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Search the oil threads and you will learn about tires too.
I worked in the rubber business for many years.Tire companies change the formula for the rubber used to build their tires regulary trying to get better results. Sometimes successfully, sometimes not. That's why going back and looking at old threads is not really the answer. You want to know what's working right now.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Iam currently running Bridgestone Battlecruise H50 blackwall tires on my Vintage. Iam hard on tires but these seem to be holding up well. Two up, road sand, and wet roads no issues. I believe there is a rebate program up to $60.00 for a set of two going on now.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I ran the Pirelli Night Dragons, they didn't last but 12,000 KMs compared to the factory tires getting to 25,000 kms. I'm currently running the Metzler 888s and they are nice. The are wearing (or not wearing) very well at 15,000 kms. I'm sure I'll get another 10,000-15,000 out of them before having to change them out. I wasn't really happy with them for the first 8,000-9,000kms because I was running air pressure recommended by the manufacturer. It just didn't feel solid in the corners when I was riding aggressively through the mountains. I bumped the pressure up ~8lbs after talking to a friend and it's a night and day difference in the handling. More sure footed in the mountains now and it falls into the curves really nicely.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I like what I see and hear about the Metzler's right now. May give them a shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts