Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Reviews from Demo Rides in Tucson.

846 2
After riding all the latest 2022 Indian motorcycles, my favorite is still the Chieftain (with the factory 116). The new Scout Rogue was in second place except for the unsafe upside down mirrors. You have to take your eyes off the road to look into the mirrors, I know this is an easy fix but these mirrors should be illegal.The Super Chief was a distant third.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Founding member / Distinguished
7,113 Posts
I got one of those "third rate" Super Chief Limiteds. Granted it was a major step down from from the Challenger Limited I had in terms of luggage capacity & convenience. It reallly don't lack much in terms of the touch screen Ride Command and I don't really miss the radio all that much. The 101 pounds less weight was the biggest reason for switching as my legs aren't quite as strong as they once were. What might be "third place" to one rider might not be for another.

· Registered
327 Posts
After riding all the latest 2022 Indian motorcycles, my favorite is still the Chieftain (with the factory 116). The new Scout Rogue was in second place except for the unsafe upside down mirrors. You have to take your eyes off the road to look into the mirrors, I know this is an easy fix but these mirrors should be illegal.The Super Chief was a distant third.
I went to an Indian demo ride event at the Augusta, ME dealership last year and test rode the Scout Rogue and one of the Chief models (super limited I think). The Chief didn't really create any strong feelings about it one way or another for me.
I also found the mirrors on the Rogue to be annoying. In addition, I found the seat was too restrictive and the bullet fairing and windshield were not very effective. I don't think I would want to be riding it for anything other than short rides. Still, I suppose that the Rogue is more about the style and not the miles, and it certainly is a looker.
Many times after I have gone to a demo ride event, I end up wanting one of the new rides. Didn't happen this time. Nothing there tempted me to get rid of my perfectly functional AND payed for Springfield.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts