Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
My apologies if you've seen this already, but I've only just stumbled across it, and I think it's a really good review:
Good review, it was interesting to me that he was saying all the same basic overall things that American reviewers said. I guess some things are universal. I did disagree with his thoughts on the display. I like the display, and the part about not seeing the LCD in the sun? I'm in AZ, I don't know where you'd find more sun and I see it fine. If you're wearing a polarized dark shield, LCD displays can be hard to see.

His concerns about the seat should be qualified by the fact that his bike didn't have the stock seat... that looked like the extended reach seat, so his thoughts could be valid. I couldn't tell, but it looked like he might have had extended reach controls, so maybe that's why he felt a 6 footer would fit it better.

As for the pipes, I guess others might agree. Personally, I don't want the loud pipes he wants...

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Good review, it was interesting to me that he was saying all the same basic overall things that American reviewers said. I guess some things are universal. I did disagree with his thoughts on the display. I like the display, and the part about not seeing the LCD in the sun? I'm in AZ, I don't know where you'd find more sun and I see it fine. If you're wearing a polarized dark shield, LCD displays can be hard to see.

His concerns about the seat should be qualified by the fact that his bike didn't have the stock seat... that looked like the extended reach seat, so his thoughts could be valid. I couldn't tell, but it looked like he might have had extended reach controls, so maybe that's why he felt a 6 footer would fit it better.

As for the pipes, I guess others might agree. Personally, I don't want the loud pipes he wants...
The video was also wrong about the tires being available.... just maybe where he lives, possibly India?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I agree with you about the display - it works for me, although I find the numbers on the speedo a little hard to read at night. I hadn't noticed the extended reach seat; that may well explain his difficulty there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the display is the gear indicator doesn't work with the clutch level pulled in. If I am in gear, I don't need to know what gear. I only use a gear indicator when the clutch is pulled and I'm 'lost'. I can see it fine unless I'm wearing polarized lenses and the sun hits a certain angle.

Reactions: AZmitch

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
At night, the short wavelength of the red light cause them to get kinda blurry for me. I'm 20/20 so I can imagine it being more so with some needing correction.
On the glare, I can see this. There are many times the sun's glare makes it hard to read. 2 things play in that. 1. The flatter orientation if the cluster.
And also, believe it or not your place in the Celestial heavens.
The angle of the sun creates long shadows and also more glare when further from equator. (Like me)
The least problematic month for glare for my location is mid July mid August. Which is ironically the brightest and sunniest time. Early season, and late season however I catch more glare and find my self moving my head more to see cluster.
Go ahead tell me I'm nuts..

·
Bronze member
1,968 Posts
Too bad the same can't be said for brains.
You must not read the forums much.
Maybe you just troll around starting crap.
However comments like yours are not needed, wanted, or appreciated.
Never make comments that are offensive again,....understand?

·
Silver member
3,698 Posts
Never make comments that are offensive again,....understand?
Maybe you thought my comment was aimed it you - it was not. I could see how it might be interpreted that way, and I apologize for that. My comment was meant to be a general observation on mankind. I believe there is an unfortunate lack of brains in humanity, and thought I would try to make a joke about that.

Of course I don't like your response much where you order me to never make offensive comments again in a forum that is rife with them from many members, but I can see how you thought I deserved that, so again I am sorry about that.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
I'm 6'2" and fit just fine with extended reach seat.. I don't have the extended reach pegs, and I'm comfy.. so even more space to be made if you desire.
6'1" here... I think it also makes a difference where your height is... is in your legs, etc. The floorboards made the bike more comfortable for me...

·
Bronze member
1,968 Posts
I'm 5'9" with a 28" inseam,.....dwarf like legs and a long torso.
The standard foot peg location works for me, however I did need to raise the handlebars just a bit.

I did get a set of Kuryakyn mini boards and they may make it a bit more comfortable for those 200 to 300 mile days.
I may also have the seat repadded with a more dense foam. I had my wife's done last summer and she says that it is as comortable as the "Corbin" on her last bike.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I may also have the seat repadded with a more dense foam. I had my wife's done last summer and she says that it is as comortable as the "Corbin" on her last bike.
That's good information. I suspect that we spend a lot more than we need to when we overlook the old fashioned methods.

·
Registered
650 Posts
6'1" here... I think it also makes a difference where your height is... is in your legs, etc. The floorboards made the bike more comfortable for me...
Thats what I have been reading, I'm going to install my floorboards this weekend. For some reason the position of the pegs makes the bottom of my feet hurt.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats what I have been reading, I'm going to install my floorboards this weekend. For some reason the position of the pegs makes the bottom of my feet hurt.
I had my boards fitted on Tuesday. It was quite an adjustment during the first 80 mile ride; but when I went out on the bike again yesterday, I couldn't stop smiling. It takes a while for feet to learn where they're meant to be and the new angle for operating the pedals; it's well worth it though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts