Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's using the REVER app?
If not what are you using for tracking & planning riding routs?
Here's a link of the review from Motorcycle Magazine

Reactions: nielsm

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
I use Rever and Indian's Ride Command. Just not always together. Because they are apps and are under nearly continuous modification, somethings they can be frustrating -- things get changed.
A few months ago, I could export a ride from Rever straight to my bike. Now, I get errors and no import on the bike.
But, often Ride Command (the app) does the same thing.

The Indian phone app is crippled. The web app isn't much better. It cannot import KMZ or KML formats. Rever can.
Last weekend, I got Google to export a couple of maps to my machine in KMZ. I had to upload them to Rever to plot a course and rearrange the waypoints. Saved it BACK to my computer then uploaded it to Ride Command. Replotted the course and synced it to the bike. What a PITA.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Recently downloaded calimoto after seeing it mentioned. Haven't used it for a ride yet, but have played around in it a bit & it seems to pick decent roads in my area.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who's using the REVER app?
If not what are you using for tracking & planning riding routs?
Here's a link of the review from Motorcycle Magazine
Quick update. REVER worked really good. Here's a few pics of the Devils Tower loop we rode. 220 miles

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
If I'm traveling from A to B and just want to get there, I use the Apple Maps. If I'm going to do a ride and take a specific route, I'll use the Scenic App. Scenic is a bit on the expensive side if you're wanting to use all the features. I tried to use it for a regular A to B ride and allowed it to create it's own route and it didn't work out well. It would direct me to get off on an exit, then go straight back on to the on ramp. I fell for it once and for the rest of the ride (thankfully not too long) every exit it would say to get off and get back on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I'm traveling from A to B and just want to get there, I use the Apple Maps. If I'm going to do a ride and take a specific route, I'll use the Scenic App. Scenic is a bit on the expensive side if you're wanting to use all the features. I tried to use it for a regular A to B ride and allowed it to create it's own route and it didn't work out well. It would direct me to get off on an exit, then go straight back on to the on ramp. I fell for it once and for the rest of the ride (thankfully not too long) every exit it would say to get off and get back on.
Cool thx & Semper Fi....IYAOYAS

Reactions: Magoo6541

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Cool thx & Semper Fi....IYAOYAS
Yessir. Semper Fi. Were you an Ordie too?

I didn't really point out the good things with Scenic. There's plenty of threads on here where lots of people recommend it. I haven't used it enough to come to a solid opinion of it. The last time I used it was the get off, get back on. Get off, get back on.

I've used it in the past to make up a specific route and that did work pretty well. It is free to download and play around with a little to see if you like it. When you start downloading and want to use features, you have to pay to play. The free download does include a few free credits to test out some features.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx, I'll check it out. 1992-2006 IYAOYAS

Reactions: Magoo6541
1 - 10 of 10 Posts