Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_3661.jpg

Warbonnet is now offering beach bars for the Scout. 33.5 inches wide and they come back farther than stock bars. It allows you to sit upright and comfortable. It tends to make the Scout look even more Retro. I am current using them on my bike and it gets a lot of attention. Check it out at www.IndianAftermarket.com One feature I really like is it places the mirrors wider. Now I don't have to tuck my shoulder to see behind me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Do the stock cables wires and brake hoses work or did you replace them?

Thanks

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't need to make any changes. The stock cables, controls and grips all fit. You do have to re-route the clutch cable, but it is easy to do . Simply un hook it from the lever and run it inside of the cable collar at the top of the fork. In the photo you can see the cable running past the left turn signal. Normally, it would go in the collar by the speedo. Everything else fits with no problem. There are no restrictions and you have full turning of the wheel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
View attachment 27307
Warbonnet is now offering beach bars for the Scout. 33.5 inches wide and they come back farther than stock bars. It allows you to sit upright and comfortable. It tends to make the Scout look even more Retro. I am current using them on my bike and it gets a lot of attention. Check it out at www.IndianAftermarket.com One feature I really like is it places the mirrors wider. Now I don't have to tuck my shoulder to see behind me.
I like them , I checked the link out but nocontact detailse where did you buy from please - thanks ?

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A new website with a shopping cart is suppose to be up any day. Meanwhile you have to call 954-247-1450. I will answer this number. The number is also listed on the home page of the current website

If you don't like the mirrors, you can remove them and but short bolts in the holes. Then mount different mirrors on the handlebars. However, the mirrors work great as shown.

The handling feels different. I have been using them for two weeks now. You feel less hunched over. I am more comfortable on long rides (2 hour plus). It is hard to explain, but you feel more dignified as you ride. Turning is maybe 10% more difficult. No big deal. Swerving around potholes etc. is easier. You push on the handle and it swerves with slightly more control. Some might not like it. It is not a sport bike feel but more of a cruiser feel. When you are cruising slow it is very nice. Best I can do to explain it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Would love some In black!

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well stay in touch. Right now my powder coat oven is too small to do the bars in black. I am looking into getting a larger oven soon.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Thanks Marcus for posting and quickly answering questions. Do you have a pic with them side by side with the OEM handlebars?

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here a couple photos. I tie wrapped the stock bars own top of the new
IMG_3683.jpg
IMG_3684.jpg
Beach Bars. It will give you some idea of the difference.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To me the stock bars are nice. But the Beach Bars give it the retro look that makes sense with the Scout. They are also nice to cruise with.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry about the price. $299 (free shipping) I have to buy existing beach bars and modify them a lot to fit the Scout. Scout bars are 1" diameter then reduce to 7/8" for the controls and grips. Also the mounting knurls are abnormal. I have to cut the bars up into several pieces and then put them back together with the new parts. The Scout market is still too small to set up for efficient production. But at least you now have an option to be different.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts