Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Rider
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what a year to retire ! 🙈
Ive been planning for the last couple years , making sure everything is ready .
I will be retiring at the end of this month 5/1/2020 last day of work . ;)
I will be moving from Fla to Wis sometime in May . I moved most of my stuff in March
now to get me in the same state as my things .
I've not had much time to post but have checked in on the forum a few times .
Many here helped me in picking out my retirement bike ! Thank you all so much 🏅
Look forward to traveling on my Indian and seeing this great country of ours 🇺🇲
Stay safe LightninST

·
Rider
1,298 Posts
Congrats on your retirement. I bet you’re really looking forward to doing nothing or anything you want. I’ve been retired for five years, and have never missed working, never got up in the morning and said “wish I could go to work today “! Enjoy it, you’ve earned it. And ride safe.

·
Bronze member
1,854 Posts
congrats. I am /was planning on retiring end of June then this all happened. I might as well stay working from home with pay if I can't go anywhere or do anything with the mrs.

·
Rider
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
congrats. I am /was planning on retiring end of June then this all happened. I might as well stay working from home with pay if I can't go anywhere or do anything with the mrs.
Hope it works out for you soon .
I was going to stay till Aug , then they gave me a bonus package that worked for us both !👍

·
Senior member / rider
514 Posts
I will be moving from Fla to Wis sometime in May . I moved most of my stuff in March
Stay safe LightninST
Been retired 15 months. If I was you I would reconsider. Retirement ain't all it's cracked up to be. LOL

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was planning on retiring this spring too, but with my retirement savings cut by about 33%, I decided to keep working for a while. I have no actual retirement (I never worked anywhere where there was a retirement plan), just my own savings and social security, so I think it's prudent to stay working a while longer. I'm considered "essential" (Realtor), so still working almost every day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stay safe LightninST
Get a National Park pass if you haven't already. A one time fee, good for a lifetime.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
Congrats on your retirement! Enjoy and ride safe. Travel and see all the wonders this beautiful country has to offer. I'm following you, I'll be retiring December 31st and I hope 2021 is not as strange as 2020 has become!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Stay safe LightninST
Congrats. I've been retired for 6 years (hard to believe) and love it. Worked hard in a 38 year career, but I've enjoyed every minute of retirement. Too many things to do in life. A job gets in the way. Living the dream in Tn.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrats..... as for a retirement bike seems like you need a touring bike. If you are like me and don‘t like music while you ride.... a Springfield is in order... if you want music and GPS....then a chieftain.... road master or the new fixed faring Challenger will work for you. No matter how you go..... Indian is the way to ....go..... stay safe and have fun.

·
Bronze member
1,250 Posts
i retired October 1st but never done so much overtime (essential worker) since. Im on a 5 year notice program. So it will help prep me for the proper retirement time. its flexible I can duck out anytime. waiting on checking when all the numbers crunch. Enjoying my 2015 chief. I strap on gps and looking at getting oem shield to replace windshield. Gave fun .USA is a great place to ride and dear Canada too.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I have three years and one month left before I can retire from the Army...and then I start my second career. Good luck and safe riding!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Been retired 15 months. If I was you I would reconsider. Retirement ain't all it's cracked up to be. LOL

Been Retired 15 Years and No Regrets At All .. :) Was just hoping to enjoy at least 10 Years after working a lot and missing out on many things .. The Extra 5 years is just icing on the cake ..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts