Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Reset Remaining Oil Life after an oil change

7K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Roadie 
#1 ·
Just had the 500 mile service and oil change done on my 2015 Chieftain, but the computer still says Change Oil Now. So I followed the instructions in the Owners Manual and reset the remaining oil life to 100%, however, when I shut the bike off and then restart it, it once again says Change Oil Now. Has anyone else run into this? Did I overlook something? Any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
Just had the 500 mile service and oil change done on my 2015 Chieftain, but the computer still says Change Oil Now. So I followed the instructions in the Owners Manual and reset the remaining oil life to 100%, however, when I shut the bike off and then restart it, it once again says Change Oil Now. Has anyone else run into this? Did I overlook something? Any help would be appreciated.
Yeap... most everybody. They may have a download at the dealership for this now. Gotta give em a call and see what my dealer says.

#4 ·
The fix was released in Nov. with some more updates for other issues in Dec. One of the other major items fixed was the BTO (brake throttle override) removal. Dealer should have updated when doing the service. Update doesn't take long mine was approx 20 min.

#8 ·
Mine does that too, but I'm reluctant to travel to the dealer (1.5 hrs) just to get that corrected. The distance / Time plus the fact that the dealers seem to be screwing up a lot of updates. I'll live with the annoyance of this not working.

#10 ·
You are assuming that the dealers know about the software update. I highly doubt it unless they had to perform that software load before. Alot of the shop mechanics are not as informed as we are on the forum site talking about it daily. Sorry, sad but true. Dean E

#11 · (Edited)
Think Indian needs to send out a Tech Bulletin to all the Service Departments for all the service techs to read and do a monthly one to each service department.

Since this seems to be an ongoing issue, thinks those that have this issue need to each post the issue on Indians Facebook page and on Indian's Google+ page [ Indian Motorcycle Forums - Google+ ], they don't need any bad PR out there and maybe this will help getting problems resolved and tech bulletins out to their service departments. Well, Maybe

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.