Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if it's possible to buy this connector without the whole wiring harness? My dumbass busted it when I strapped it to my trailer. It connects to the vehicle speed sensor. I've checked the service manual and couldn't find anything on the connectors. Also checked the physical connector and there isn't any markings to identify it.

IMG_20200616_155621.jpg IMG_20200616_155643.jpg

·
Registered
192 Posts
These types of connectors can be repinned pretty easily. That is, you should be able to remove the connector housing and replace it. I don't have part numbers for you, but you can search for the name of the connector (it's common for a lot of Automotive applications) and a pin removal tool for the same.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
They are typically Dephi connectors. There should be a number on the plug. Indian seems to have a habit of using obscure models so not all electronic shops have the particular connector, even if they have Delphi stock. Sometimes people have to find an ebay seller and buy a ten pack.

If you can't find a number, do an image search for Delphi connectors and see if you can find it. The silicon weather seal is different colors on different connectors and might make the search easier.

·
Rider
1,294 Posts

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Thanks for the info on Delphi to Aptiv. The OP's first pic looks like three way.

And for info - they are mostly labelled pin numbers first, so "3 way Aptiv" will get better search results.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried all your suggestions and haven't been able to find a match. Hopefully, someone might have a handbook or something with a part number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts