Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My seat it actually failing internally after only 2700 miles, had it to the dealer yesterday to get the computer flash for digital display issues like low oil, clock loosing time and no way to reset it, unable to link phone, and radio preset irregularities. All the computer stuff seems okay now, but while there the guy saw my seat, and said wow, that don't look right, and me, I been noticing the comfort level going down, as though the seat got too soft and sagged in the middle. We will see, they took pictures for warranty claim, heres a couple,
[URL=http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/scotwoodfordspioneerscot/media/012_zpsf2c4c7e3.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
403 Posts
My seat it actually failing internally after only 2700 miles, had it to the dealer yesterday to get the computer flash for digital display issues like low oil, clock loosing time and no way to reset it, unable to link phone, and radio preset irregularities. All the computer stuff seems okay now, but while there the guy saw my seat, and said wow, that don't look right, and me, I been noticing the comfort level going down, as though the seat got too soft and sagged in the middle. We will see, they took pictures for warranty claim, heres a couple,
My passenger seat was dyed a different shade and Indian replaced it after an initial no from them. Hope they come through on replacing it.
Of course the dye lot is going to be different than all your other leather

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh no, I thought it was a rare issue, hoped it was. They finally gave into replacing it after the dealer rep spent an hour with them going back and forth with PI saying it was normal wear, after the first response of " no way that is normal wear " WTF ?
Yea, at 2 months old and under 3 k on the clock !
So they are sending a new one, course they are on back order.
Weather here sux now anyway, so, I can wait. But it irks me when a company says, " we will do it this one time as a customer concession, but only this once, and tell the customer to take better care of it ".
Yea, so storing the bike in climate controlled garage and rubbing the stinky animal grease provided 5 times since I've had it, is abuse I guess right ?
NOT impressed, guess I didn't spend enough at 32 k to matter :mad::mad::mad:

·
Early joiner
190 Posts
Mine looks this way as well with similar milage

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
For the Price of a Roadmaster sure hope they get this Resolved ..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Oh no, I thought it was a rare issue, hoped it was. They finally gave into replacing it after the dealer rep spent an hour with them going back and forth with PI saying it was normal wear, after the first response of " no way that is normal wear " WTF ?
Yea, at 2 months old and under 3 k on the clock !
So they are sending a new one, course they are on back order.
Weather here sux now anyway, so, I can wait. But it irks me when a company says, " we will do it this one time as a customer concession, but only this once, and tell the customer to take better care of it ".
Yea, so storing the bike in climate controlled garage and rubbing the stinky animal grease provided 5 times since I've had it, is abuse I guess right ?
NOT impressed, guess I didn't spend enough at 32 k to matter :mad::mad::mad:
Well this isn't something to look forward to.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,422 Posts
I only got about 600 miles on mine so far and I am starting to see lines like that. I thought this may be normal from the leather stretching out a bit but I will see if it starts getting worse. Dean E

·
Registered
274 Posts
Does leather have a grain direction that should only be used in certain directions, and if so, does the company that is making the seats for Indian laying it wrong?

To me it looks like the leather is just stretched out. The cow seemed to have worn it a specific way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine has just over 2000miles - leather on the seat is a little creased and looking like its beginning to show more wear than I would expect from just a few months of riding. Not lumpy or losing any comfort level yet though. Treating it regularly to try to maintain the leather...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I really think its the foam underneath thats collapsing and losing the form. At least with 2000 mi on my rm it seems the seat has lost its shape.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really think its the foam underneath thats collapsing and losing the form. At least with 2000 mi on my rm it seems the seat has lost its shape.
This is what I think has happened on mine, and will probably happen on the new one, as this was the most comfortable seat in the beginning but now it is not comfortable at all, and seems to have sagged in the middle at 3k on it.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts