Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not sure about the vans branding on their grips. Branding exercises like this always rubbed me the wrong way.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure about the vans branding on their grips. Branding exercises like this always rubbed me the wrong way.

yes agreed, which is why I prefer the Kuryakyn but if they dont work ill settle for the vans.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am looking into getting different grips for my bobber and was wondering if anyone has gotten these?

Kuryakyn Braaap! Grips

Another one I am considering is the Vans Cult Grips

I prefer the Kuryakyn over the Vans but like both.

Any advice or info is appreciated!
the only thing I can tell you is, if there is a chance you’ll use the stock grips again then you’ll need to buy a throttle sleeve.
I put ISOs on mine and “prepping” the sleeve took the most time -maybe 20 minutes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am looking into getting different grips for my bobber and was wondering if anyone has gotten these?

Kuryakyn Braaap! Grips

Another one I am considering is the Vans Cult Grips

I prefer the Kuryakyn over the Vans but like both.

Any advice or info is appreciated!
Im not familiar with these but kuryakyn makes good products. I went with koso heated grips, they aren’t stylish and I feared I would hate them — now I don’t know how i rode most days without them

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can't weigh in on your choices as I went with Avon Memory Foam, but if you haven't already seen any videos, the Bearded Bobber has a good install video of the Vans grips here. This would be the same process for the Braaaps.

I will say there is a much better way to cut the end of the grips for the bars end mirrors, though. Use a 3/4" copper pipe. Check my build thread linked in my signature for some pics of the process.

·
Diamond member
9,052 Posts

yes agreed, which is why I prefer the Kuryakyn but if they dont work ill settle for the vans.
Ha! With All due respect , some radical irony here! Lol..
Not sure why we are adverse to "re-branding exercises" while riding Indians made by Polaris specifically a model named "Bobber" 😁😁
This Makes it a 2 two tier re-branding exercise"
but regardless.. ignoring all that.

the good thing for y'alls is the original name of the company in question that makes Vans shoes is the
"VanDoren rubber company"
Also the grips are made from the same formula as the shoes soles and are made from rubber a rubber company came up with. So, in reality, it's not a re-branding exercise. It's a rubber company making yet more rubber thingys...
The reason they are called "cult" grips, is us Vans cultists, know this history..

Your welcome for the new brain wrinkles.

All in fun guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts