Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a set of Indian (Kuryakyn Sound of Chrome) handlebar speakers installed since I purchased my Chief Vintage new in 2014. While they may not be the best, they have served me well for over 50,000 miles, 20 countries and 6 years. But alas, all good things must end. One of them has developed some static at higher volume as if it is blown. I'm looking at options for replacements and initially was thinking with Kuryakyn's Road Thunder® Speaker Pods & Bluetooth® Audio Controller by MTX® OR Kuryakyn Road Thunder® Sound Bar Plus by MTX®. Anyone gone from the older pod style speakers to the Sound Bar and were you satisfied? I've read good reviews but couldn't find any comparisons. I ride with my windshield on 99% of the time. I'm open to other options as well if some folks have suggestions. My only caveat is I do not want to install an amplifier in my saddlebag. The unit must be either self contained/amplified or the amplifier has to mount under the Nacelle (like it is currently with the Sound of Chrome) or under the seat in an already cramped area. The picture below shows how I currently have the Sound of Chrome speakers installed. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,288 Posts
Have you considered trying to repair the speakers? You may be able to disassemble them and get replacement guts. If you're looking for and upgrade with bluetooth, etc, that might not be an option.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went with the Kuryakyn Sound Bar by MTX. It was a good choice. Installation was fairly easy, but I wrench on my bike all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts