Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my Bobber but just could not lean forward that much anymore so I went to Indian dealer asked about reduced reach bars for the bobber and they didn’t have any available yet so I measured the bars on the Scout and thought these will work if I modify them so I went the counter and asked if they have any black stock scout bars and of course no so I jumped online and checked eBay and found used ones to modify. Well long story short I got the bars, bought some bungs and got them installed. I know the stock bars look so much meaner but damn I sit so comfortably now like it’s more natural and I also ordered a Corbin seat which should be here soon. I know the video is long and I bullshit a lot but whatever, thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Love my Bobber but just could not lean forward that much anymore so I went to Indian dealer asked about reduced reach bars for the bobber and they didn’t have any available yet so I measured the bars on the Scout and thought these will work if I modify them so I went the counter and asked if they have any black stock scout bars and of course no so I jumped online and checked eBay and found used ones to modify. Well long story short I got the bars, bought some bungs and got them installed. I know the stock bars look so much meaner but damn I sit so comfortably now like it’s more natural and I also ordered a Corbin seat which should be here soon. I know the video is long and I bullshit a lot but whatever, thanks.

Looking at doing the same thing. I feel super cramped on the stock set up and I am only 5'8".

·
Registered
692 Posts

Were did you buy the threaded inserts. Does Indian sell them ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
so HellaStoked, how was that little zip tie attatched? I am pretty sure I never ran across this yet and am in-process of getting the bars off. any helpful tips on that?

·
Rider
756 Posts

I like it,, way better look, it’ll steer and ride better too. Great job hella ,,the bobber looks better with scout bars than apes,, and your helpers did a fantastic job also. Cool stuff .

·
Rider
756 Posts
so HellaStoked, how was that little zip tie attatched? I am pretty sure I never ran across this yet and am in-process of getting the bars off. any helpful tips on that?
Pull/pry um off with needle nose pliers. That way you can re use them. Just did mine,, it’s a 2 minute process.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts